× Members

PIP tribunal adjournment notice - I'm confused!

More
8 years 6 months ago #142833 by Ellen
I have OCD which means I have numerous rituals I have to do in the shower and getting dressed. I know part of the criteria for scoring points in the PIP form is to do with being able to complete a task in a reasonable length of time - but how do I know how long a 'normal non OCD' person takes to do stuff? to me the lenght of time I take to do stuff/spend in the shower is the normal as it's what I do - would someone be able to give me an idea of what length of time it would be reasonable to both spend in the shower each day and get dressed ( I spend 6 hours a day in my shower :( )
Abby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142842 by foss27
I would estimate a 'normal' shower would take about ten minutes and the entire process from stepping into the shower, drying and dressing would be half an hour maximum.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142899 by Ellen
thanks -my dressing/undressing is a whole other batch of OCD things on top of the actual time in the shower itself!
abby

More
8 years 5 months ago #144185 by Ellen
Does anyone know if the DWP are often guilty of carrying out a MR of a PIP award before the time limit to submit further evidence?
I asked for a MR on 12th October (By phone) and was told that I had until 12th Nov to submit my further evidence etc. I posted my letter/paperwork to them special delivery on 10th Nov and I know it got to them very early on 11th Nov. But then yesterday (13th) I get a letter from them, dated 9th Nov saying that they had carried out the MR and I had failed to submit evidence within the time limit.
Just wondering if it's something they do often?

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144193 by foss27
It has been known to occur.

You can challenge the MR taking place before you could submit your evidence but the time it takes means you may be better off making an immediate appeal and stating on that that you were denied the opportunity to submit evidence by the MR decision maker doing the MR early and denying you the right to submit your evidence.
You could also make an official complaint against the decision maker to the DWP and go and see your MP. I think it is vital that all these unscrupulous actions by the DWP are exposed as often as possible to everyone that we can think of so the weight of evidence finally brings the system down.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144215 by fluffy25
They do it quite a lot as in my case (look back through my posts of late) an MR was carried out within 4 days of my request and b4 the extra info was submitted. I requested a telephone call back from a decision maker and asked her for a fax number to send the info to as i explained to her that they did not wait for this info to be sent to them. 2 weeks after i faxed the info a 2nd MR took place and the lady phoned me back to say it had been increased from standard rate care and no mobility to ERC and SRM so a 2nd MR can be done if you are happy to ask for a call back. Any further help needed please ask
The following user(s) said Thank You: foss27

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.