× Members

PIP tribunal adjournment notice - I'm confused!

More
8 years 4 months ago #145962 by Ellen
thanks - have downloaded and read the appeals documents/case studies - but I'm still struggling to see how the decision maker has made the link between what the HP says on my report and the choice of descriptor?

abby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145980 by Gordon

abbyb1000 wrote: thanks - have downloaded and read the appeals documents/case studies - but I'm still struggling to see how the decision maker has made the link between what the HP says on my report and the choice of descriptor?

abby

I'm not sure that this is important, you need to show that you meet the criteria and deal with any comments in the assessment report that suggest that you don't.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #146775 by Ellen
Hi
I am still trying to write my grounds for appeal section about my PIP award - but I'm wondering about a few things -

1 - I know the point of the appeal is to talk about how things affect me etc and not to pull apart/criticise the assessors report, but how would be the best way of pointing out errors in the report that are important - as in missing medication off it like antidepressants and diazepam, or not mentioning my mum was with me at the assessment - I can't think of a way of including it without sounding obnoxious/too critical?

2 - The terms assistance/supervision/prompting keep coming up and I know how they differ, but if the assessor has said ' she needs accompanying to make an unfamiliar journey' - is the accompanying term the equivalent of supervision? or does it depend upon what the accompanying person is actually doing for me?

I've read and downloaded all the guides and sample appeal forms but I'm still confused and would be grateful of any help please.
thanks
abby

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146779 by foss27
The point of the appeal submission is to challenge the lack of points where you feel you should have more. Your challenge should reference your evidence and point out where in the report the errors occur. Do not go into he said she said or matters which are conjecture but concentrate where your evidence backs up your opinion of how many ponts you should get. You can be critical if it is in relation to not reading the evidence etc as in ' it clearly states page x of report y from doctor z that I cannot raise my arms above my head without experiencing severe pain'.
Or' there is a full list of medications listed with repeat prescription copy as proof yet assessor has missed drug x,y and z out of his assessment of descriptor ??'
In this way you cncentrate on what you need to get over.
The term accompany in relation to needs on an unfamiliar journey relates to getting lost or disorientated rather than protection maybe but can you explain what you are trying to achieve in either challenging this or trying to get a higher points award. This might help advise.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146781 by neptuno
It's really tempting to rubbish the assessors report

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146783 by foss27
LOL

Lots of us feel this way :)

Unfortunately it just feels good but it won't help the appeal.
If its really bad you could make a formal complant and copy in your MP.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.