× Members

PIP tribunal adjournment notice - I'm confused!

• gravesyt
8 years 4 months ago #146786 by gravesyt
if you can it is worth put in some points to the regulation ; ie he cannot regularly and in a reasonable time period (pip regs 4(4)(b) . on bad days the struggles to leave the house Or she/he trips/falls . cannot mobilise safely {pip regs 4(4)(a)
hope this helps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146788 by Ellen
thanks

• Lynsey
8 years 4 months ago #146791 by Lynsey
Yeah I'd keep the two things seperate. I thnk it's important to complain but do that through your mp and / or in a formal complaint letter to Atos which is seperate and maybe even reference the fact that you've complained in your appeal but don't actually get sidetracked.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154920 by Ellen
I applied for a PIP tribunal at the end of december 2015 - filled in the form, sent it off,asking for a paper tribunal hearing -wrote a lot about my mental health/daily living and had letters form gp, psych etc. Few weeks later I got send a copy of the DWP response to my appeal.

Today I got a letter form HM Courts and Tribunal service saying that
"a tribunal heard my appeal on 21/3/16 and decided to adjourn the hearing, the decision notice explains why the tribunal were unable to deiced the appeal. It may also include instructions to ensure the next tribunal can reach a decision"

the enclosed Adjournment Notice says this:

1- The appeal is adjourned for paper determination on the first available date after complaince with the directions below or in default after 6 weeks.

2- THe appeal was adjourned today because the tribunal wished to hear from the appellant about the difficulties her conditions cause from day to day

directions - i )list at a hearing venue closer to the appelants place of residence

ii) if the appeallant wishes to attend an oral hearing she shouldcontact the HM C&T service for a hearing nearer her home. If she does not so request or states that she does not wish to attend the hearing the appeal willl be listed for disposal without a hearing .

I am very confused as I asked for a paper hearing - I can't go to a oral hearing and I don't have anyone who can represent me - so why did they go through an oral hearing then to adjourn it?
I wrote extensively on my appeal form and on my orignal PIP form about how my conditions affect my day to day living - do the tribunal not get to see those things?

What does the term ' appeal listed for disposal' mean?

thanks for any help
abby
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154935 by slugsta
Hi Abby,

I see that you have several previous topics relating to your PIP claim. I will merge them all into one as we find it enormously helpful to have everything relating to one claim in the same place.

I'm sorry that this is still dragging on for you and the Tribunal were unable to reach a decision.

This means that they still do not believe they have enough information to reach a conclusion and want to see you in person. This poses a dilemma as being unable to go out and meet strangers could be the very reason you hope to gain PIP. I'm afraid only you can make the decision. However, you do need to take into consideration the fact that the panel did not feel able to find in your favour without seeing you.

'Listed for disposal without a hearing' simply means that the panel will reach a decision without seeing you if you are not able to attend.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta. Reason: tick

More
8 years 1 month ago #154956 by Ellen
thanks -yes it makes sense about the thread/posts.

the chances of me being able to go to a tribunal are zero - it just won't happen.

thanks again
abby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.