× Members

Assessment

• Linnie
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #148315 by Linnie
Replied by Linnie on topic Assessment
Hi Elisa
Thank you for your reply.
Did you get a letter for a work focused interview for the job centre before you got your official letter to say you are in the support group.

I am just confused because I have no verbal or confirmed letter to say that I am accepted for ESA and if I am in a group or not.

I will ring the job centre and say I am still waiting on my assessment reply. I will also ring DWP again to see if a decision has been made after 4 weeks since my interview assessment.

This is new to me and I don't understand it all.

I do appreciate your reply

Kind Regards
Linnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148332 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment
Linnie

Members of the Support Group are not required to attend Work Focussed Interviews. This requirement can only be made for members of the WRAG or those in the assessment phase, but I would not expect you to be asked to a WFI now, if no Decision has been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linnie

More
8 years 3 months ago #148335 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic Assessment
Yes Linnie, I did, I also got a phone call from the lady who sent the letter to attend to say not to worry the letters go out automatically and if I have not received my assessment results yet to ignore the appointment letters.

Best to phone though, I always kept them engaged and built up a nice relationship with the job center lady just incase I got put in the WRAG.

Elisa :)

• Linnie
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #148375 by Linnie
I really appreciate your reply.

I have tried to get through today but lines were busy.

I will try early morning.
Thank you so much for explaining this to me.

Kindest regards

Linnie

• Linnie
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #148623 by Linnie
Good Morning to you all.
Thank you to Gordon and Elisa for your advice.

I Phoned DWP again to check if a decision has been made from my health assessment which was on 21st Dec 2015.

Still nothing has been decided.

I then tried to ring my local Job Centre about the interview they have made for a work focused interview.
Sadly you have to go through to a central number again that covers Job Centre plus and DWP info.

I spoke to a very helpful advisor.
She explained no decision or outcome from my assessment had been made.
She explained the work focused interview is voluntary at this stage and I don't have to attend.

The advisor said it was only to help support me get back to work.
I explained I do have a Job and on long term sick leave and that I had already made adjustments regarding my work. I had reduced my hours and made other adjustments but sadly my condition has become worse and the doctors said I had to put my health first and letters from doctors confirm this.
I also explained on the date that they want me to attend this interview my husband is not available to attend with me due to his work.
I asked if there was any way I could speak to the person who sent the letter from the local job centre so I could go through things with her.

The advisor said no. They will cancel the appointment and will put a note on to say that I am waiting for my decision/outcome from the health assessment.
If need be they will make another appointment.

The advisor was very helpful.

Now while I am typing this to you my mobile phone has rang and the lady from my local Job Centre is on the phone.
She said it is ok to wait for the outcome and because I am already employed just on long term sick. I also explained that my works Occupational health find me unfit at this time for work and they are saying possible ill health retirement.
The lady then explained even if that happened and my work done that and I stayed on ESA if I was not in a support group I would still have to go to her for a work focused interview. I said that is fine. But at this point in time because I have no decision from DWP and that I am actually employed and on sick leave and have no decision from my work on retirement can we wait on the DWP outcome. I also explained that if circumstances change and I retire I have to inform DWP and I then may not be entitled to ESA. At the moment I am on the low rate till March based on my contributions. She was ok to wait for the outcome decision. She also gave me her direct number to ring her on. I said I would do that when I have a decision or any update from my employer.

So after four and half weeks still no decision or outcome from the health assessment.
I thought I would let you know.
Sorry for long update

This site has really helped me
Thank you Linnie

More
8 years 3 months ago #148653 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment
Linnie

Thank you for the update.

I am surprised that they have made an appointment for a WFI at this stage of your claim, it's usual for one to be carried out in the first 13 weeks but I have never hear of one being done outside of this timescale when a Decision on the claim has not been made.

One point, if you are placed in the WRAG, then you would not be required to attend WFIs after March unless you are also entitled to Income Related ESA.

Glad it was sorted

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linnie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.