× Members

Assessment

• Linnie
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #149907 by Linnie
Replied by Linnie on topic Assessment
Dear Gordon and All

Just wanted to further update and ask for advice.

I still had not heard back about my health assessment which was 6 weeks ago. I am getting
the contribution based ESA £73.10 A week

I checked my bank and my fortnightly payment from DWP had not gone in. I eventually got through to the help line. A very nice gentleman was helpful. He explained a decision has been made and I have been put in a support group. He explained that I would get a letter to confirm this. He explained they were sorting out my payment because I would be owed back pay. I explained to him my contribution based ESA finishes March. He said that would not be the case now. ?
My boss has said I am going to be retired due to my ill health and I will get my pension that I have paid in for. I have nothing in writing as yet from my work. I believe has a rough estimate my pension would be £110 a week. I have spoken to DWP helpline and they have said once I have the information from work that I will be retired and I have a figure for my pension I post this info original paper work from my works pension dept to them. Once I have this info I will do this. Once I have the details in writing and I start to get my pension will my ESA stop. My contribution based ESA would have finished I march any way. I am not sure what all this means now. It has taken ages to sort the ESA just got told in a support Group. Now it looks like I will get my ill health pension. I am 55. Can you advise me please.
I would like to thank this site for their guides and advice.
Many Thanks Linnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149914 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment
Linnie

This sounds like good news, although I would wait until you have it in writing before you open the champagne.

If you are in the SG then you cannot be required to attend a WFI so you may want to get back to the person who made the invitation for one.

Being in the SG entitles you to on-going payment of ESA(CB) as long as you remain in the group, as this was a new claim for ESA it will be backdated to the beginning of week 14 of your claim and you will be classed as having been in the SG for the whole period, so if at any time you are moved into the WRAG then you should still have your 365 days of ESA(CB) payments unless you have spent any time in the WRAG on a previous claim.

Once you have your pension sorted out you must contact the DWP with the details, for ESA(CB) there is an £85 per week disregard for any pension income followed by a £1/week deduction from your ESA for every additional £2/week of pension. So if your pension is £110 per week then the deduction will be £12.50 per week (£110 - £85 = £25 / 2 = £12.50)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Linnie
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #149919 by Linnie
Thank you very much.
This was my first ever claim for ESA so never been in any group. Sorry I asked all the questions but I just did not understand it all. I had always worked with my condition but sadly it has got very bad.
Thank you very much for the advice and support.

Linnie

• Linnie
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #149971 by Linnie
Hi Gordon

I have just got the letter from DWP explaining that I am in a support group and like you explained it will be back dated from June of last year.
The letter says it is based on my contributions and will be in a support group. It says I do not have to attend any meetings unless I want to.

It does not say how long I am in the support group for. Not sure if they normally would tell you this. It does not say if I still need to send in sick note certificates from my GP.
So it took a time but finally it has now all come through.

My work are saying that my ill health retirement is going to start from the 1st Dec last year but I have got to wait for the paper work to be done. So once that is in writing I can let DWP know because it will be £110 a week so they will have to deduct £12.50 weekly from then. Just have to wait for the paper work. Everything has happened at once.

Thank you again for the support and advice. This site is so helpful and I will recommend people to join this site.

Kind Regards Linnie

More
8 years 3 months ago #149984 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment
Linnie

An unreserved congratulations :)

ESA is an indefinite award with regular re-assessment so there is no award length, you can find out when your claim is likely to be looked at again by phoning the ESA help line although I would wait a couple of weeks to make sure everything is on the computer.

As you now have a Decision Letter there is no need for you to continue to supply Fit Notes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Linnie
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #149989 by Linnie
Thank you very much Gordon

I will remain a member I have never been through anything like this ESA assessment process before.

I feel so sad how honest genuine people who are ill are being treated.

I wish everyone the very best

I remain a true Member

Linnie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.