× Members

Esa and dla

More
8 years 2 months ago #150269 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic sdp

brad72 wrote: Hia can you tell me seens as I suffer from severe depression and epilepsy is staying conscious while awake the only part of the form I would have to fill in, and could you tell me which guides apply to me me regarding the depression. Also if I was to end up on jsa would I still get sdp on top of jsa seens as I get middle rate personal care dla. Many thanks

You need to have a look at the Employment and Support Allowance claims for Mental Health and Learning Difficulties: a guide to the limited capability for work assessment..

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1#claims

It's important that you understand that it is not usually the conditions you have that are being looked at but the limitations that result from them, so they will not be looking at your depression directly but how it impacts on your daily activities such as Starting and Finishing Tasks or Coping with Change. These are just two examples it is perfectly possible that you might meet others.

Income Related ESA also allows payment of the Severe Disability Premium.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150273 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Esa and dla
Hi b72,

Just to add to Gordon's advice,

You can be paid The Disability Premium if entitled to Income Related JSA !!.

My best advice to you at the moment is to put all your efforts into your ESA transfer, and your ESA50.

It is no good trying to go through every possible scenario that "may" occur as the result of your transfer.

Concentrate now on your ESA transfer, then we can offer further relevant advice on JSA, etc when you actually receive a decision if necessary, whatever that decision may be ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150274 by brad72
Replied by brad72 on topic sdp
Thank you for your advice, but would I still get it on jsa, plus if I end up on jsa will I only get contributory jsa seens as I will of come sda and income support. Thanks

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #150276 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic sdp

brad72 wrote: Thank you for your advice, but would I still get it on jsa, plus if I end up on jsa will I only get contributory jsa seens as I will of come sda and income support. Thanks

Hi b72,

See my response above which seems to have crossed with yours !

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #150368 by brad72
Replied by brad72 on topic medical proof
Hi, I am in the middle of sorting medical evidance for my esa claim, my question is on one of the discharge letters from the hospital afterbeing released after suffering a bad seizure it states I was put in itu and had relevant tests but they came back normal. Should I enclose this letter or leave it due to the fact the tests came back normal, really not sure what to do as if they see it came back normal would it go against me. Thanks

More
8 years 2 months ago #150370 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic medical proof

brad72 wrote: Hi, I am in the middle of sorting medical evidance for my esa claim, my question is on one of the discharge letters from the hospital afterbeing released after suffering a bad seizure it states I was put in itu and had relevant tests but they came back normal. Should I enclose this letter or leave it due to the fact the tests came back normal, really not sure what to do as if they see it came back normal would it go against me. Thanks

I'm afraid this is a decision that you will have to make yourself.

The fact that the doctors considered your health at the time to be so poor that they admitted you to ITU is a positive, but obviously the normal results depreciates this.

If your condition is one that is prone to severe and sudden flare up then it is evidence of that being the case, if it was a one off then it may not be taken as indicative of how your conditions normally are.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.