× Members

New medical evidence for new ESA50?

More
8 years 2 months ago #150516 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic New medical evidence for new ESA50?
thank you for that Forty P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150540 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic New medical evidence for new ESA50?
The DWP love putting people in difficult positions.
You definitely won't get assessed on a paper claim if it doesn't contain detailed and up to date evidence. Many people on here will tell you their doctor has not been contacted. We have to advise people to see their GP and insist on evidence and not be fobbed off by the doctor saying they will reply to the DWP as the DWP do not write to them.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151432 by LilacGem
Thanks foss, they really do seem to want to make it all as confusing and difficult as possible!

Well I have been to my GP and got a supporting letter, it's not especially detailed but does cover the SG qualifying descriptor which covers me (mobilising), and says pretty much the same as it's said the for the last 2 assessments (which were successful).

I also have a neurologist who said he is happy to support me but when I rang his secretary she point blank refused & said they have a strict policy that they don't do reports unless contacted by DWP due to volume of requests/workload, which I can understand but it's not much good to me. Still I have gotten by without anything from him for the last 2 assessments & got through to SG on paperwork alone. So am not panicking about that too much.

I also have some mental health issues and my old CPN wrote me a brilliant report 2yrs ago for the last assessment. However she has since retired and due to changes (funding cuts) to the service I no longer get regular support. I have seen another CPN recently who said she would do me a letter confirming that my condition had not improved since the last report, but hey presto she is off sick..... for at least another month :(

When I asked her mgr if she would write something for me instead, she reluctantly agreed but said she would not be able to say anything about me as she doesn't know me. So she has done a letter which is frankly worse than useless - just says i have seen the CPN & they will be reviewing whether I need support or not in the future - which is actually contrary to the truth, - which is that I am desperate for it but they cant provide it! - something my old CPN made clear in the original report.
I'm grateful that this lady has written a letter at all, but I feel will be detrimental to my claim as the way it is worded makes it sound like I am better, so I am not sending it.

Since (if they believe the GP) I should qualify for the SG based on mobility alone, I plan to just send the GP letter (which covers mobility well) & the original CPN report (which explains why I am no longer covered by regular CMHT support - not being due to lack of need but their lack of resources).
But I am umming & ahhing over whether to include a covering letter for the CMHT one, explaining that although it is 2yrs old it is still current & the reason I cant confirm that is because the only CPN I have seen is off sick, & give her contact details (not that they will contact her but at least it shows she exists?).

OR is it better to just send it as is & not draw attention to the fact that it is old. LOL & hope they don't notice.

What do you guys think?

More
8 years 2 months ago #151451 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New medical evidence for new ESA50?
Camly

If you are hoping to qualify under the Mobilising Descriptor, then in additional to showing your problems with walking, you must also show that you could not self-propel a manual wheelchair over an equivalent distance, it does not matter if you do not use a wheelchair or even own one, as long as the usage is considered as reasonable it will be considered.

Have a look at the ESA Claim guide for more information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151457 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic New medical evidence for new ESA50?
Hi C91,

As you can see, I have now merged all your previous ESA related queries from several different topics into this one topic.

Can you please post any future ESA related queries to this topic !! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #151462 by LilacGem

Gordon wrote: Camly

If you are hoping to qualify under the Mobilising Descriptor, then in additional to showing your problems with walking, you must also show that you could not self-propel a manual wheelchair over an equivalent distance, it does not matter if you do not use a wheelchair or even own one, as long as the usage is considered as reasonable it will be considered.

Have a look at the ESA Claim guide for more information.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon yes I have included that I cant self propel.

any advice/thoughts on the CPN letter/report?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.