× Members

Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

More
8 years 5 days ago #158137 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!
Thank you Gordon. As I worry about things being 'missed' and get stressed with he phone, I might send a copy of the MR letter and a letter attached asking if it is underway etc the week it would be due...so a month from the original decision. Just would put my mind at rest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 days ago #158427 by Orangeblossom
I hear it is possible to do 3 MRs before moving on to appeal, is that correct? many thanks

More
8 years 2 days ago #158442 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: I hear it is possible to do 3 MRs before moving on to appeal, is that correct? many thanks

We had a fair number of members who have had two because the DWP have not waited for further evidence, I'm not sure I have seen three, which usually prompts a member to post how they did :)

The legal requirement is one, once the claimant has a Mandatory Consideration Notice they can go onto appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
8 years 1 day ago #158494 by Orangeblossom
Also, that it's possible for the MR and appeals process to run concurrently? So for example you can ask to reconsider again and also put in an appeal?

More
8 years 1 day ago #158495 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: Also, that it's possible for the MR and appeals process to run concurrently? So for example you can ask to reconsider again and also put in an appeal?

In theory but I would be very surprised if the DWP would complete another MR if they receive notice that an appeal has been lodged, also, there are very limited circumstances where a second MR would actually be done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158573 by Orangeblossom
Ok it is a calendar month this week since they sent the letter of denial. I asked for the medical report which has still not arrived, straight after and also sent a letter asking for reconsideration.

i wonder if it is a good idea to contact them again or just leave it. it's difficult when they don't respond.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.