× Members

Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

More
7 years 11 months ago #158594 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: Ok it is a calendar month this week since they sent the letter of denial. I asked for the medical report which has still not arrived, straight after and also sent a letter asking for reconsideration.

i wonder if it is a good idea to contact them again or just leave it. it's difficult when they don't respond.

It's really up to you, personally I would but if you are uncomfortable with speaking on the phone or in particular to the DWP then you could leave it for a couple more weeks, alternatively you can have someone phone on your behalf.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158613 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!
OK thanks you. I guess I need to check they have the MR by the one month deadline, in case I need to send another copy or something. I wish they sent out a letter saying it was received and being looked at. Just a courtesy letter wouldn't be too much to ask. Anyway thanks for the reply.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158653 by Orangeblossom
I tried on the phone but I couldn't get through. So, I've written another letter to say Im enclosing the info and letter about the MR again in case anything has gone missing, as i haven't heard from them and it will be a calendar month at the end of this week.

I have also been thinking more about how to describe some of the problems I have with taking nutrition. As well as having to eat certain foods from the diet guide, I also need to stop eating if I get symptoms and do this 'bowel rest' do stop ending up in hospital with the NG tube...this does happen on a daily basis although i only have to do this for a period of more than a few hours every few days. This is compounded as some of the meds i take increase appetite and cause me to crave certain foods...

I don't think I made this clear when i think about it in the past so have written about this too. Hope they take notice of it all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 11 months ago #158659 by Orangeblossom
Is there a better time to get through on the PIP number? It's always really busy when I try and impossible to get through.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158665 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: Is there a better time to get through on the PIP number? It's always really busy when I try and impossible to get through.

First thing in the morning is usually a good time, they should be open from 8am.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
7 years 11 months ago #158671 by Orangeblossom
OK I might try and brave it again in the morning- not discuss anything but simply to tell them to hold on till they get this letter and then please to reply.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.