× Members

Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

More
7 years 11 months ago #159549 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!
I sent off the appeal form today.

I asked for a paper appeal but if I do change my mind can I ask for it to be changed? Up to which point can I do this, do you know? I might reconsider, if I can get someone to go with me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159565 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: I sent off the appeal form today.

I asked for a paper appeal but if I do change my mind can I ask for it to be changed? Up to which point can I do this, do you know? I might reconsider, if I can get someone to go with me.

In principle you can but the problem will be that you will not be informed of when your Paper hearing is taking place, only that it has happened, so as long as the hearing has not occurred you should be able to switch to an Oral one,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
7 years 11 months ago #159574 by Orangeblossom
Ok thanks. They can't just go ahead now can they, don't they have to wait till the DWP has done a submission and I've done one too? I'm a bit confused, sorry.

I'm struggling with this as I hear it's better to go, but i don't want to risk my mental health worsening. Really difficult decision. I do appreciate the support.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159579 by Gordon

Orangeblossom wrote: Ok thanks. They can't just go ahead now can they, don't they have to wait till the DWP has done a submission and I've done one too? I'm a bit confused, sorry.

I'm struggling with this as I hear it's better to go, but i don't want to risk my mental health worsening. Really difficult decision. I do appreciate the support.

No! You will receive the DWP submission and you will be given four weeks from the date on the accompanying letter to prepare and submit your own case, the hearing will be at some time after this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159585 by Orangeblossom
Thanks, that's Ok then.

Can I ask about the managing therapy question. Does the time spent mean the time you are being supported with the therapy, or the time the therapy actually takes? I'm confused about this.

Also, if this is on my care plan, then that is evidence of it? As I've only been given a point for managing medication not therapy.

Many thanks.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159588 by Gordon

Orangeblossom wrote: Thanks, that's Ok then.

Can I ask about the managing therapy question. Does the time spent mean the time you are being supported with the therapy, or the time the therapy actually takes? I'm confused about this.

Also, if this is on my care plan, then that is evidence of it? As I've only been given a point for managing medication not therapy.

Many thanks.

It's the time that the supervision, prompting or assistance is actually required for that Is counted, the DWP PIP Assessment guide gives the example of someone needing to wear a bandage all the time, it is only the ten minutes that it takes to change the bandage that is considered, not the 24 hours that it is worn

It being on a care plan would be supportive, but I doubt that it would be sufficient on its own.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.