× Members

Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

More
7 years 11 months ago #159590 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!
It being on a care plan would be supportive, but I doubt that it would be sufficient on its own.

I suppose I could write more about it in the submission? Is there anything else you could suggest as to how I can highlight this? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159612 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: It being on a care plan would be supportive, but I doubt that it would be sufficient on its own.

I suppose I could write more about it in the submission? Is there anything else you could suggest as to how I can highlight this? Thanks

This is all about dotting "I"s and crossing "T"s, just because it's on a care plan does not mean that you need to explain the requirement in detail and why you cannot manage it on your own.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
7 years 11 months ago #159655 by Orangeblossom
Ok, many thanks. I will explain it in more detail int eh submission.

Have you any idea what this is about? They are aware of my mental health condition, however it keeps saying in the DM's reasoning 'There is no evidence of any cognitive or learning impediment which would impact on your ability to (communicate, or make budgeting decisions)

What does that mean? That I don't have a learning disability? I don't understand..

More
7 years 11 months ago #159673 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: Ok, many thanks. I will explain it in more detail int eh submission.

Have you any idea what this is about? They are aware of my mental health condition, however it keeps saying in the DM's reasoning 'There is no evidence of any cognitive or learning impediment which would impact on your ability to (communicate, or make budgeting decisions)

What does that mean? That I don't have a learning disability? I don't understand..

It will depend on what you expected to score for these two activities, if you hoped to score points where a cognitive or learning problems would be expected to be the root cause of your problems, then the DM is saying that there is evidence to support this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
7 years 11 months ago #159704 by Orangeblossom
OK. So I think I've got the submission started now. Hopefully this will be over soon and i will stop asking questions so much.

Please can I ask about mentioning an upper tribunal decision related to taking nutrition, mentioned in the guides. It is the one about needing prompting if the general choices taken are not nutritious, such as soup and coffee. Do I just refer to it with the date and tribunal number in brackets, the way it is done in the PIP guide? Or do i need to give any further info. When I click on the link it says the info is read-only.

Also, I have had a bit of support from family in compiling my submission. How can I mention this? I have just said due to the nature of my condition I have had some support in compiling it. Is this Ok or would it be seen badly that someone else has helped and it's not my own words etc? Also I heard about someone having a letter returned from the tribunals because it needed there own signature or approval. Do I need to do that sort of thing?

Many thanks.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159759 by Orangeblossom
Hi just to confirm it is mental health not a learning disability, so I will say that to them.

My old friend is going to come with me, so I am going to ask to change it to going to the appeal, rather than in paper. Feeling a bit more relieved now i don't just have to do the written side and rely on that as much.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.