× Members

Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

More
7 years 10 months ago #160250 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!
Ah, sorry the 'decision maker's submission' is not the MR but the bundle / response and I have a month from then, this is what you have already said. Sorry. I was getting mixed up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160261 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: I think it might be about this (from the appeals guide on this site)

"If you do wish to provide a written submission once you have read the decision maker’s submission, strictly speaking you are required to do so within one month of the date on the decision maker’s letter. However, at the moment tribunals seem willing to exercise their discretion to accept late submissions. There may be an issue if the DWP has not had a chance to consider them or a Presenting Officer, if there is one, has not seen any new papers yet."

Can you clarify what this means, please. Do I need to submit it within a month of the MR, is that what it is saying? I'm a bit confused. It also says about the submission being 'no more than 2 sides of A4' is that a rule, or guidance? (as mine is about 6 pages)

Many thanks for your patience

Tribunal procedures give both parties, you and the DWP, one month to provide their submissions, this was written at a time when the appeal rate was low and Tribunals were usually heard at the earliest opportunity.

Roll forward five years or more and the number of appeals has shot through the roof and waiting times, although better than they have been are still relatively long, so the reality is that you can continue to submit evidence to your hearing up to about seven days before the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
7 years 10 months ago #160338 by Orangeblossom
Do I need to mention that as part of the tribunals process to also be considered for the standard rate care as well? As I've just mentioned the enhanced rate to for. Or do they do that anyway as part of the process?

I don't want them to just think I'd be OK with standard rate if you se what i mean

Thank you

More
7 years 10 months ago #160389 by Gordon

Orangeblossom wrote: Do I need to mention that as part of the tribunals process to also be considered for the standard rate care as well? As I've just mentioned the enhanced rate to for. Or do they do that anyway as part of the process?

I don't want them to just think I'd be OK with standard rate if you se what i mean

Thank you

I don't think so, they can only get to an Enhanced award by considering a Standard one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #160585 by Orangeblossom
I think I have the submission ready now. Can I just ask, do we need to sign this or anything? Also I have had some help and support with it, and have just stated this at the start, is that OK? Thanks

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #160594 by Gordon

Orangeblossom wrote: I think I have the submission ready now. Can I just ask, do we need to sign this or anything? Also I have had some help and support with it, and have just stated this at the start, is that OK? Thanks

Yes to both :)

Don't forget to make sure each page has your full name and NIN and that they are numbered so it is easy to see if anything is missing.

Gordon

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.