× Members

Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

More
7 years 10 months ago #161359 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!
Orangeblossom

I did say to wait!!!

All you can do is address the issues raised.

Are you sure that they are saying that you had a face to face and not that you had an assessment, they are not the same.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161367 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!
I know, and I agree i should have waited. I was a bit stressed with the welfare man telling me to sent it etc. and wanted to keep him happy. :-(

I have had a look through and it's all there. No F2F made up, yes maybe they meant an assessment but they do keep referring to it on their first part of the appeal.

It's really strange, they have basically gone through my previous assessment and completely changed what the previous assessor has said, and then they go on to say i have long term chronic problems and need reassessed in 3 years.

Basically they do not deny or underemphasise my problems but they instead keep saying things like 'inconsistent with my condition' which is the opposite of the other one.

They also list all my medical experts and psychs etc in great detail and their name and stuff.

They say there is no record of my therapy on my care plan while enclosing the plan with the therapy on it.

Oh well, I can't see much to add really just now. I think it might be mostly covered in the submission I did. It looks quite self-explanatory in itself- I suppose the appeals will read all this will they? At least it is all complete, and has come quite quickly.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161399 by Orangeblossom
I have changed back to a paper appeal. Due to stress of it all. I will let you know the result. Kind thoughts and thanks for your patience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 10 months ago #161669 by Orangeblossom
If you are doing a paper appeal, can the rep speak with the appeals place on the phone and do the appeals let the rep know the decision, or you? Many thanks.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161674 by Orangeblossom
I just thought I'd mention that what happened with my PIP reassessment was that they have decided there has been a Change of Circumstances or Supersession but it is very flimsy, they are basing it on a letter from a follow up with a junior registrar last summer. He said I was 'relatively asymptomatic' and they are not using this one, small thing to say this means my condition has changed.

I have of course refuted this saying they should have contacted my own senior consultant who knows me well and was given as my contact, there is also plenty of other evidence in the consultants letter that it was the same so now hoping, fingers crossed, for my paper appeal result.

In a way, it has been good to write to the appeals about some other things like the contact between my original assessment (a home visit, where the assessor did a thorough assessment and knew of the condition) and the second assessment (on paper, where they rejected basically, just on this one small scrap of info) I have made some comments I hope will be fed back, no matter what the outcome of my appeal. Such as continuity between assessments, the difference in assessors by how they interpret the same descriptors, the need at paper based assessments to give extra support and contact the medical staff involved in the patient's care as was recommended by my original assessor.

So, I await the decision. It looks like a 3 year award if I do get it, as that is what the recent report suggested anyway as I have 'chronic conditions'.

So, we will see. Obviously,I have low expectations as the rate on paper is low, but I have so much supporting evidence in the form of the original assessment which gave me 17 (or 19, can't remember) points and the evidence clearly shows conditions are the same. (he meant relatively as in compared to being in hospital having surgery and inpatient treatment in the past whereas I am now being managed at home).

I think it is terrible that they can withdraw someone's award on the basis of a comment like this from a junior registrar it is obvious had not seen me before rather than my consulant. Any thoughts welcome

More
7 years 10 months ago #161677 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: If you are doing a paper appeal, can the rep speak with the appeals place on the phone and do the appeals let the rep know the decision, or you? Many thanks.

The appeal panel will not speak to anyone about the claim, outside of the actual appeal.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.