× Members

DLA TO PIP questions

More
7 years 10 months ago #162001 by Jianne1274
Replied by Jianne1274 on topic DLA TO PIP questions
Hi
After yesterday's home assessment I felt ok...I described it a bit in a earlier post ....today I am having a meltdown...Why was she so nice I mean she might just be a nice person but I have my doubts...Another thing why wasn't I asked all the questions from the questionnaire???Can she tell nothing will change ?? Can she say that i won't be reassessed for a long time and should she be r telling me this ?? Why no medical at the end ???she was typing into her laptop and then told me it was live whatever that means???she also told me she would add appendix to emphasise my conditions does this mean it didn't go to the dwp there nd then does she do it later ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #162010 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA TO PIP questions
Hi Jianne,

The assessor does not ask questions from the form you completed. After all, s/he has already seen your answer to those! Nor is there any medical examination worth the name. The object of the assessment is to gain additional information that will allow the assessor to decide how your conditions affect you.

Your file will be returned to DWP when the Assessment Provider has finished with it. This includes completing the paperwork and, in some instances, being audited.

The assessor can make a recommendation regarding how many points you score and the length of the award. However, it is only DWP that can make the final decision, it is potentially subject to change until that time (although it is unusual for them to disagree with the assessor).

Please reply to this message if you have further questions and we will do our best to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162024 by Jianne1274
Thankyou so much I know I am really overthinking things..it's nice to know I have you wonderful people to ask ..I am sure over the next few days I will have more questions so sorry in advance :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #163542 by Jianne1274
Hi
I received a letter today telling me they had all reports information they need to make a decision on my claim and apologised for the delay...it's only been 10/11 days since my home assessment the letter is dated the 12th....This sounds quick I was told 8weeks ....I don't think it's good news given the speed of the letter is this quick or normal ??????How long does it normally take after receiving the letter till the decision letter comes ?????? Why can't they just tell you without putting you through this ..it's almost like they are enjoying torturing people...by sending silly unnesary worrying letters...I have been living in fear since this began in March and once again I have been plunged into despair because I now know the next dreaded brown envelope will decide my fate ...and undoubtedly I will need a MR and appeal....And on Monday I will request the assessors report...up until today I have been to scared because if it says inaccurate information that will compound my fear..but come monday I will put my big girl pants on and ask...I might as well now....I can never remember a time when I have felt so much fear dread and anxiety...and to top it all my esa is up in October..So sorry for the vent there :(

More
7 years 9 months ago #163592 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA TO PIP questions
Jianne

It's a standard letter which in now way is reflective of any Decision that might be made, it's been sent because there are delays in the system.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163639 by Jianne1274
Thank you Gordon...I was not sure if it had any significant relevance or not ...I live in fear of the postman as I am sure many of us do...thanks for your patience and support

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.