× Members

Medical for PIP

More
7 years 9 months ago #162893 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Medical for PIP
Hi Treacle1983 i only have a cat im not able to do much for him except the cuddles lol my friend and family take care of him ie feeding litter box etc. How did you find your medical? i am stressing about mine on Monday.

Mx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Treacle1983

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162927 by alison
Replied by alison on topic Medical for PIP
hi ,
i also had a home assessment but didnt request for one ,,the nurse whch did mine said that they were short of assesment places so they were doing alot of hime ones ,,capita i had and ime in south wales ,,so i wouldnt be too worried uve had one without asking fr one ,,
hope it goes well for you monday and good luck hoe you get good results ,
alison,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mary

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163039 by Mary
Hi everyone i hope everyone is well and doing ok................Well i had my medical! The lady was [removed] and from Atos. She seemed very nice my friend answered my buzzer and introduced herself. [removed] came and sat beside be on the sofa and explained what would happen, when i read my letter it said i had to have id but she didn't ask for any of that?. She went over my form and the questions and confirmed the problems i have and confirming what help i have at the moment. I explained that i would be undergoing another mastectomy on the 27th July. My hands where really bad today they look like i have been in a boxing match and i forgot to put on gloves! lol she noticed this and said she understood my problems she did ask if i could grip her fingers i said i couldn't close my hands or grip but i would give it a go she said it was ok and she didn't want to cause me any pain. She didn't ask me to walk or lift my arms or anything i did explain i have limited movement in my hands and right arm. She was actually quite nice so it was isn't as bad as i thought it would be! when she finishing up she explained that she would write up her report and i am a bit foggy what she said after that but she did say she would recommend that i was re assessed but would recommend a timescale of 3 years? does that mean she is going say yes i qualify for PIP? as i said i am a bit foggy of what else she said but she did say just with the problems of my hands alone means i am unable to function myself. I suppose i will have to wait until the dreaded brown envelope arrives so fingers crossed.

Mx
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163044 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical for PIP
Mary

Well done for making it through the interview.

I've removed the name of the assessor from your post to prevent any issues from your identifying them.

PIP Decision are currently taking about 8 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163045 by Mary
thanks Gordon and sorry for including the assessors name! :)

Mx

More
7 years 9 months ago #163063 by Mary
Hi everyone can anyone shed any light on my medical i am a bit foggy about everything the assessor said at the end she did say with the neuropathy in my hands its clear i need help and that she was recommending that i should be reassessed and she was advising 3 years? i dont really understand what she meant i am not currently on PIP or DLA so do you think she meant that she was going to recommend me for PIP? i know its difficult to comment on the info i have as i said i was pretty foggy due to all my meds. But i do clearly remember her saying she was going to recommend that i was reassessed for 3 years.

Mx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.