× Members

Medical for PIP

More
7 years 8 months ago #164768 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical for PIP

Mary wrote: Hi everyone i hope everyone is well and had a great weekend :).....i got a letter yesterday (Sat) and it was about The Severe Disability Premium? i had to complete a small form and i stated i lived alone and no one was claiming carers allowance for me. Is this an extra benefit i may get? and if so will it be backdated like my PIP award?

Mx

From your post it would sound as if you qualify.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #164776 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Medical for PIP
thanks Gordon do you know if i do qualify would it be backdated to when i was awarded PIP?

Mx

More
7 years 8 months ago #164795 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical for PIP

Mary wrote: thanks Gordon do you know if i do qualify would it be backdated to when i was awarded PIP?

Mx

It will be backdated to the later of your PIP award or the award of the benefit that allows payment (e.g. ESA or IS), I'm guessing this would be the PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #164832 by Mary
Ok thanks Gordon fingers crossed i qualify! i will update you when i hear from DWP.

Mx

More
7 years 8 months ago #164873 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic Medical for PIP
Thank you, Mary. That's so kind of you. I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly.... sending get well thoughts and wishes your way. I'm still waiting for outcome, will update you when I find out.
A x

More
7 years 8 months ago #165004 by Mary
Hi everyone hope everyone is well :) i have a question about my award i have just read my award letter again and i cant believe i missed the fact they gave me the award till May 1019! which i am really happy about.
It goes on to say that they will check with me about my conditions again but not till after May 2018 does this mean i don't need to worry about dealing with all this again until 2018 at the earliest?

thanks

Mx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.