× Members

Medical for PIP

More
7 years 8 months ago #165005 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical for PIP

Mary wrote: Hi everyone hope everyone is well :) i have a question about my award i have just read my award letter again and i cant believe i missed the fact they gave me the award till May 1019! which i am really happy about.
It goes on to say that they will check with me about my conditions again but not till after May 2018 does this mean i don't need to worry about dealing with all this again until 2018 at the earliest?

thanks

Mx

Yes if your award end in 2019 then they will not reassess you before 2018 :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165007 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Medical for PIP
Thank you Gordon that's really cheered me up today!

Mx

More
7 years 8 months ago #165113 by Mary
Hi everyone i'm not doing great today really struggling after my op mastectomy last week :( i know this is silly but i have been worrying about DWP changing their mind about my award! i have received my backdated payments already etc this isn't something that happens is it? again i know its silly to worry about it.

Mx

More
7 years 8 months ago #165116 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical for PIP

Mary wrote: Hi everyone i'm not doing great today really struggling after my op mastectomy last week :( i know this is silly but i have been worrying about DWP changing their mind about my award! i have received my backdated payments already etc this isn't something that happens is it? again i know its silly to worry about it.

Mx

The DWP can't change the award without carrying out a new assessment process they aren't going to do this until the award ends or you report a Change of Circumstances.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165121 by Mary
Thank you Gordon for allying my fears :)

Mx

More
7 years 8 months ago #165125 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic Medical for PIP
Hi Mary,
I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling down. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.
Amanda xx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.