× Members

GP REPORT FOR PIP

More
7 years 2 months ago #182110 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP

radhika wrote: Thanks for your reply Gordon. I will bear this in mind, don't think I mentioned stairs in the form.

We live in a corner property, To get to the front door, you have to climb up about 7 wide steps, However, my husband always uses the back door to go out and come in, as this is a couple of yards to the side road where the car is always parked.
Should we mention this to the assessor who comes for the home visit and show them??? as they will be climbing stairs to reach the front door.

Regards
R

If you don't then they may make assumptions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182115 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP
Thanks. I will make sure that I show them.

My GP was asked for further medical evidence report, which he has not yet completed. The practice manager has promised he will get this done by the end of the week. This means that the Assessor will not get a chance to see the report before they come.

My husbands home visit is on Monday 27th of Feb. I called Atos to explain this and was told that the visiting Assessor would be basing her assessment on the home visit and it was DWP who has asked for the further medical evidence and not Atos!!!!

I am a bit baffled. I really don't want to cancel Mondays home visit as I don't think my husband can handle any more delays and we just want to get this over and done with.

Can I tell the Assessor what has happened????
I can ask my GP for a copy to give to them on the day.

What are your thoughts and can you please clarify who has requested this further medical information???

Regards
R

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #182133 by Gordon

radhika wrote: Thanks. I will make sure that I show them.

My GP was asked for further medical evidence report, which he has not yet completed. The practice manager has promised he will get this done by the end of the week. This means that the Assessor will not get a chance to see the report before they come.

My husbands home visit is on Monday 27th of Feb. I called Atos to explain this and was told that the visiting Assessor would be basing her assessment on the home visit and it was DWP who has asked for the further medical evidence and not Atos!!!!

I am a bit baffled. I really don't want to cancel Mondays home visit as I don't think my husband can handle any more delays and we just want to get this over and done with.

Can I tell the Assessor what has happened????
I can ask my GP for a copy to give to them on the day.

What are your thoughts and can you please clarify who has requested this further medical information???

Regards
R

I would expect it to have been request by ATOS, so your GP will respond directly and the assessor will see it when it is received.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182143 by shrinathji
Would they take any notice of this report after assessment??

I don't think they will receive it in time for next Mondays assessment.

I can ask GP for a copy to give to the Assessor on Monday and explain what has happened and insist in the nicest possible way for them to have a look at it before they speak to husband.

What do you think??

Thanks
R

More
7 years 2 months ago #182159 by Gordon

radhika wrote: Would they take any notice of this report after assessment??

I don't think they will receive it in time for next Mondays assessment.

I can ask GP for a copy to give to the Assessor on Monday and explain what has happened and insist in the nicest possible way for them to have a look at it before they speak to husband.

What do you think??

Thanks
R

There's no harm in asking your GP, the problem is that they get paid for returning it the Assessment Provider, so may be reticent to release a copy to you.

Gordon

More
7 years 2 months ago #182189 by shrinathji
I will ask my GP as I know that he keeps a copy of everything that he sends to outside bodies. If he refuses then so be it.
I know he will only give it to me provided that he has also posted the original copy to Atos.
Many Thanks
R

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.