× Members

GP REPORT FOR PIP

More
7 years 2 months ago #181608 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP

radhika wrote: Hi,

Atos has written to GP for further info, which he is in the process of supplying.
However, this morning received a letter for a home visit on 27th of feb.

Whilst we are disappointed that husband will have to endure a F2F, I am more angry that Atos has not waited for the GPs reply to further medical evidence.

Can I call them and ask them to wait for this before coming for a F2F, as the assessor may not have that info in time for visit and I think it's a bit unfair.

Regards
R

If you cancel the current appointment now then it count as one of your two opportunities to attend. I would wait until closed to the date to see whether they have received your GPs letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #181757 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP
That sounds like a good idea. I will chase GP today.
During a home visit does the assessor look around the house, ie bathroom, toilet etc???
Anyone have any experience of this??

Regards
R

More
7 years 2 months ago #181789 by Gordon

radhika wrote: That sounds like a good idea. I will chase GP today.
During a home visit does the assessor look around the house, ie bathroom, toilet etc???
Anyone have any experience of this??

Regards
R

You can pick the room where you are to be assessed and the assessor won't ask to look around.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #181970 by shrinathji
In the PIP2 form there is no mention of being able to use stairs.
Will assessor take this into consideration if we decide to use the living room downstairs.
In the PIP2 form, we have not stated that husband cannot use stairs, only that he has mobility issues and gave clear explanations. However, husband can use stairs with the aid of a walking stick and help from another person, but very slowly.

Regards
R

More
7 years 2 months ago #181997 by Gordon

radhika wrote: In the PIP2 form there is no mention of being able to use stairs.
Will assessor take this into consideration if we decide to use the living room downstairs.
In the PIP2 form, we have not stated that husband cannot use stairs, only that he has mobility issues and gave clear explanations. However, husband can use stairs with the aid of a walking stick and help from another person, but very slowly.

Regards
R

PIP does not test a claimants ability to climb or descend stairs, however, we have seen Decision Makers make assumptions about a claimants ability to walk based on the ease with which they manage the stairs in their house, the link is tenuous but I would always recommend that claimants completing a claim form for PIP include a short remark about any problems they have using stairs.

Gordon

More
7 years 2 months ago #182079 by shrinathji
Thanks for your reply Gordon. I will bear this in mind, don't think I mentioned stairs in the form.

We live in a corner property, To get to the front door, you have to climb up about 7 wide steps, However, my husband always uses the back door to go out and come in, as this is a couple of yards to the side road where the car is always parked.
Should we mention this to the assessor who comes for the home visit and show them??? as they will be climbing stairs to reach the front door.

Regards
R

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.