× Members

GP REPORT FOR PIP

More
7 years 4 months ago #177334 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP

radhika wrote: Sorry, if I have posted again as my screen went blank when I pressed submit.

My GP is going to write a report for PIP.

Should he just comment on mobilising by foot and not bother mentioning about self propelling a wheel chair like ESA, as I want him just to stick to the facts and anything else which may help the DM in realising that my husband has serious mobility problems and could definitely not self propel a wheel chair.

Thanks
R

The PIP test requires the claimant to stand and move (walk), usage of a wheelchair will not be considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177466 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP
Thank you for clearing this up Gordon.

I now have another problem.

GP told me today that he will not be able to have my husbands medical report ready until around 12th of January 2017, due to holidays and his own work load. I am really annoyed, however, I did not want to upset GP as he is very supportive.

My husbands PIP2 form is due on 7th of January 2017, which means I will be posting his form on 5th January next day special delivery, to get there by Friday 6th January.

Can I write a letter explaining this and ask them to wait for GPs report which they would receive by the following week, as I don't think they will give me more time to post forms, as we have already been granted further 2 weeks extra time.

I know GPs report will make a big difference, as the last one he wrote for ESA was extensive and husband was put into the S/G without F2F medical.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

R

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #177478 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP
Hi Radhika,

You have nothing to lose by asking! Send in a copy of the report when it is ready and also keep a copy to take with you if an assessment is needed (just in case it didn't get attached to the claim, for whatever reason).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177488 by shrinathji
Thank You Mrs H.

I just hope that after Christmas, there is a bit of back log, so I can get report in, so it is read in conjunction with PIP2 form.

In will call them on 28th and see what they say, if I am in luck, they may well agree, who knows???

Wishing mods and members a merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

R
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 3 months ago #177564 by shrinathji
Hello and Happy New Year to all mods and members.

My husbands PIP form has to be sent in by Sunday 8th of Jan. If I was to post the form, special recorded delivery on Friday 6th, do you know if it will be received and signed for by someone?

Furthermore, the extensive GP report will not be ready till mid next week and in that report he is going to clearly state that my husbands health would be at risk if he was going to be called in for a F2F with supporting evidence, however, the PIP2 will be there before the GPs report, can I request that they wait and use the form in conjunction with the GPs report as there are many other descriptors in the report that our GP will be addressing in favour of my husbands inability to carry them out.

The wait for the assessor would be approx. 3 days!!!!

I have stressed that a paper assessment should be sufficient as there is enough information in the PIP2 and medical letters from professionals to confirm his physical and mental problems.

I have a copy of the ESA report that the GP wrote a couple of years ago which gave reasons for not attending F2F, and I believe this report will have same reasons, ,do you think it would help if I sent a copy of this with PIP2 and drew the attention of the assessor to that???

Any advise will be much appreciated

R

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #177567 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP
Hi Radhika - and Happy New Year to you too :)

Have you already had an extension on the submission date for your husbands PIP2 form? If not, it would be worth phoning and requesting one so that you can send everything off together. 2 weeks are usually given on request.

If you have already had an extension then your priority is to get the PIP2 form submitted in time. I would be aiming to have it received on Friday at the latest.

Send in everything you can to back up your husband's claim as this is what will get a recommendation made without a face2face assessment.

If you need to send things in afterwards, you should certainly say that you will be doing so. Hopefully, your husband's claim will not reach the top of the pile until everything else has arrived.

Some claimants like to send a copy of any late information to the DWP Decision Maker as well as the Assessment Provider - just in case things go astray!

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.