× Members

ESA review after 5 years

More
5 years 5 months ago #221348 by Tish
ESA review after 5 years was created by Tish
I have been in receipt of ESA WRAG during this time by son was found to have a brain tumour. The result ending up bad. He was put in the support group ESA and receive both standard rates of pip on going . They tryed taking his ESA off his this year and after a mandatory reconsideration was awarded his original benefits. I had to move from DLA to Pip last year and was awarded standard for both. I care had have cared for my son since his discharge from hospital in 2016. I am now being called in for an ESA assement. I assumed as I am in poor health myself and care for my son that I would be exempt from being called in. Any advice. 4 weeks to return form .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221376 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review after 5 years
Tish

I'm afraid being a carer does not exempt you from having your ESA award reassessed.

Have a look at our ESA Claim guides for assistance with the form

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have any specific questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.