× Members

ESA review after 5 years

More
5 years 6 months ago #221348 by Tish
ESA review after 5 years was created by Tish
I have been in receipt of ESA WRAG during this time by son was found to have a brain tumour. The result ending up bad. He was put in the support group ESA and receive both standard rates of pip on going . They tryed taking his ESA off his this year and after a mandatory reconsideration was awarded his original benefits. I had to move from DLA to Pip last year and was awarded standard for both. I care had have cared for my son since his discharge from hospital in 2016. I am now being called in for an ESA assement. I assumed as I am in poor health myself and care for my son that I would be exempt from being called in. Any advice. 4 weeks to return form .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #221376 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review after 5 years
Tish

I'm afraid being a carer does not exempt you from having your ESA award reassessed.

Have a look at our ESA Claim guides for assistance with the form

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have any specific questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris