× Members

ESA reassessment

More
5 years 3 months ago #224019 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassessment
Robbie

The reassessment date for ESA is nor part of the Decision and the DWP can initiate the process at any time once three months have elapsed from the previous Decision.

It is possible that the JC+ advisor has initiated the assessment, especially if they think you should be in the Support Group although they are not usually that helpful.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Robbie
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 3 months ago #224032 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic ESA reassessment

Gordon wrote: Robbie

The reassessment date for ESA is nor part of the Decision and the DWP can initiate the process at any time once three months have elapsed from the previous Decision.

It is possible that the JC+ advisor has initiated the assessment, especially if they think you should be in the Support Group although they are not usually that helpful.

Gordon

I'm in the correct group so I don't think it would be them thinking that I should be in the Support Group. I never missed a single appointment when on the Work Programme so I'm wondering if this has worked against me. I don't know what the advisor at Ingeus wrote. He was a decent guy but he could have wrote in the final report that is sent to the DWP something which was well intended but which the JC+ advisor has used to initiate the assessment process. Of course this assumes that the WCA date was changed back but it's strange how the guy in November said three times that the date was January 2021.

When I wrote in my last post that "I'm not starting to feel panicky" I meant I'm now starting to feel panicky. I've barely slept since I got the ESA50 on Wednesday. I know I should just try to remain calm but I suffer from dreadful anxiety and at the moment it has gone into overdrive.

What is the current waiting time from sending the ESA50 back (it has to be in by 7 February) to assessment? I'm assuming I'll have to have one. I know it differs from area to area but I'm in the Newcastle area if anyone has recently had an assessment in that area.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224036 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassessment
Robbie

Urban areas are running at 2-3 months and rural ones are up at about 9 but they are now prioritising new claims over reassessments so these periods can be affected if there are a lot of new claimants in your area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.