× Members

ESA reassessment

More
5 years 5 months ago #221765 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic ESA reassessment
Think a lot of it is pot luck.
I was on IB CB and it had said no other assessments required, for yrs following a severe motorcycle accident at work, however I was one of the early ESA assessments, put in WCA, wrote, yelled, MP involvement, placed in SG CB. No back pay tho, and never receive the annual £10 Xmas bonus. However Every 3 years on the dot, plop on the doormat another re assessment without fail, complete it fully, replaced so far each time in SG CB.
Never had a deferment or otherwise, seems they are for those on IR ESA only from looking at most of the responses.
The same applies for DLA to PIP, one of the early ones moved across after completing the nasty forms, was on DLA high rate both indefinitely. Now on PIP for review after 10 yrs, no doubt in the 9 yrs ( now 7yrs time) plop on the doormat to start all over again.
So tis pot luck, and if name fits and if on IR you get away with it, by the looks of things.

If I do by chance get the £10 Xmas bonus I shall let you know, but do not hold your breath.
When I did yell at them about it last year,they said not on IR don't get it, I know that is wrong but to darn tired to yell anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221779 by billybeaver
Replied by billybeaver on topic ESA reassessment
Good luck in jan Robbie when you phone , il do the same once Christmas is over with. Hopefully those horrid forms wont fall through our letterbox’s yet. I’d love to hear from you when you do hear and il do the same and we can see how long it’s taken for us both to be reassessed. Fingers crossed for you that it’s not gonna be yet.
Bb

More
5 years 5 months ago #221781 by billybeaver
Replied by billybeaver on topic ESA reassessment
Hi pusscatsmum
To be honest with you I don’t know how this whole system works. Maybe it’s potluck or maybe Some of us gets a good assessor or whoever defers our esa assessments and do read all of our medical records and our prognosis . I believe if we are not ever going to get better we shouldn’t have to keep proving ourselves. Like I said I haven’t had to go through what you had to go through to get what you are entitled to. So far I have been very lucky but that doesn’t mean I will be next time. Like you I will never get better I will only get worse . But good luck with all your future assessments and it must drive you mad them never giving you the £10 Xmas bonus. Years ago it was worth something now it’s loose change. But good luck for the future
Bb

More
5 years 5 months ago #221790 by melady
Replied by melady on topic ESA reassessment
I transferred from IB to ESA support group,contribution based, in 2012. My assessment due in 2015 was deferred until 2017 and when that date passed with no ESA50 form received I rang DWP and was told it was not due until 2019.I will receive my state pension before then so I don't know if my age had anything to do with that decision. I am on PIP enhanced indefinite;y(10 years).
Melady

• Robbie
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 5 months ago #222164 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic ESA reassessment
I've just phoned the DWP and my reassessment has indeed been deferred once again as I was told my review date is in January 2021. I had been told last year and which was confirmed in a print out I received in August this year following a Subject Access Request that my next WCA was due in January 2019.

I don't know why mine has been deferred - though I'm glad it has been - while others have been reassessed. There must be some criteria being applied.Or perhaps it really is just pot luck.

Of course the review date doesn't stop a reassessment from happening sooner but for the time being it does give me some piece of mind.

• Robbie
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 3 months ago #224001 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic ESA reassessment
This is bizarre but I've just received an ESA50. I was previously told that my next WCA review was in January 2021 but after receiving an ESA50 I phoned the DWP and spoke to someone who checked my WCA date and said it was shwoing as January 2019, the date it had originally been.

The lady I spoke to said she couldn't understand why I had been told my next WCA was in January 2021 but I got the guy I'd spoken to back in November to confirm the date not once but twice and both times he said January 2021. I haven't a clue what has happened there nor where the guy had got 2021 from. However I had been on the Work Programme and this ended in mid December. I then received a letter from JC+ with an interview arranged for 21 Janaury. I'm wondering if someone has read my case notes on my ESA computer record and has manually changed my WCA date from 2021 to 2019? It's very curious as well as disappointing. As I still haven't had a decision on my PIP review (I checked the other day and it is still waiting for a Case Manager to look at my form before probably referring it to IAS to arrange an assessment) that means both my ESA and PIP are now up for review. I'm not starting to feel panicky.

I suppose the only good thing to come out of this is that because I thought my next WCA was in Janaury 2021 I was at least able to feel somewhat relaxed about my ESA over the Christmas and New Year period.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.