× Members

PIP From DLA

More
5 years 5 months ago #222763 by kirsty3
PIP From DLA was created by kirsty3
I am terrified ... I rang PIP today and they think I need F2F assessment. I have said on my form that I only go out with someone. They cannot accomodate a Home Visit in the near future...no appointments . Have offered me an appointment this week or next week in the middle of Cardiff on the 2nd Floor of a building...no disabled spaces . The carpark is half a mile away.
I would love to get it over and done with but I am being set to fail. Please can I have some advice please.. I supplied 15 documents in support of my claim with another on its way. Not sure what to do. By the way I live in Newport and this is Cardiff...12 miles away.

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #222790 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP From DLA
kirsty

You will need the support of your GP if you are to get a home assessment, you need them to write to the Assessment Provider explaining in unambiguous terms why you cannot attend at their offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #222807 by kirsty3
Replied by kirsty3 on topic PIP From DLA
Hi Gordon,
I am confused as the Assessor has put down either Home or Office but there are no home assessments in the foreseeable future. I rang the DWP and they said wait. In the meantime my GP is emailing me a letter asking for a Paper based assessment or Home Ass due to physical and pyschological restrictions. But personally if you knew where it was ..in the centre of Cardiff with the nearest carpark half a mile away and no parking close by , with the room on the 2nd floor and heavy doors, anyone who could get there would NOT be entitled to PIP. Busy with Xmas shoppers and I felt pushed into an appointment this week. Contrasting it to the ATOS DWP offices which are kitted out for the disabled all on ground floor and loads of carparking.

More
5 years 5 months ago #222810 by kirsty3
DWP said send directly to them. Have found a horror story in South Wales too of lying assessors!!!!!

More
5 years 5 months ago #222820 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP From DLA
Kirsty

It's not your problem if the Assessment Provider has no appointments for a home assessment unless you need the process to be completed quickly.

I'm not sure why the DWP want a copy of any information that a GP might send, the decision on a home assessment lies with the AP and not the DWP but if they have asked then I would definitely send it to them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #222832 by kirsty3
Well at 5.30 pm they offered me a cancellation for 9am tomorrow but I said it was too short notice. And I have further medical evidence en rote to DWP. Can you tell me who makes decision paper based assessments or f2f and home or office based. Panicking

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.