× Members

PIP From DLA

More
5 years 5 months ago #222834 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP From DLA

kirsty3 wrote: Well at 5.30 pm they offered me a cancellation for 9am tomorrow but I said it was too short notice. And I have further medical evidence en rote to DWP. Can you tell me who makes decision paper based assessments or f2f and home or office based. Panicking

These decisions are made by the Assessment Provider.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #222856 by peggy2
Replied by peggy2 on topic PIP From DLA
Hi kirsy3

I know this is stressful as had similar situation in the past when they requested my partner to another centre miles away for 9am. We would have had to try and set out for 7.30am and go on train, impossible taking into account his health and amount of meds. The changed it but another unacceptable place, we ended up in a mess with it all and had to write to MP and also seen CAB in our local GP`s to help us through the awful stressful situation and fear of benefit stopping,

So I would try and email your local MP re the situation as it just sounds so stressful and MP`s are unaware these things are happening unless we tell them. hopefully your GP could also write to find out why there are no home visits or appointments closer to your home.
Also get in touch with your local CAB to see if they can help/advice. A lot CAB Advisors are usually based in GP practices a couple of times a week now. So you could ring GP`s and see if you could get appointment or ring CAB and see if they can advice you over the phone or home visit to help you with the situation.

All the best and wishing you less stressful times ahead
Meg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.