× Members

ESA Change in Circumstances - Carer's Premium

More
5 years 4 months ago #223722 by Ditzee
Replied by Ditzee on topic ESA Change in Circumstances
Unfortunately the benefit calculators don't appear to give me a consistent result!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223730 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Change in Circumstances

Ditzee wrote: Unfortunately the benefit calculators don't appear to give me a consistent result!

I'm afraid I can;t help with that, if you are putting the same information in and getting different answers then you should contact the provider of the calculator.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #223769 by Ditzee
As my ESA has been changed from Income Related to Contributions Based I am aware that I no longer am entitled to passported benefits of Housing and Council Tax. As I am currently caring for my husband over 35 hours per week would I be better off requesting carer's allowance? My understanding is that I would not be paid the CA (due to my husband's ESA and IIDB being taken into consideration) but would they deduct the CA from the ESA of £110.75 and apply a Carer's Premium which would then entitle me to passported benefits?

More
5 years 4 months ago #223787 by Gordon
Ditzee

You can't receive the Carers Premium unless you are entitled to Income Related ESA, the Premium will increase the amount of ESA(IR) you are entitled to but I can't tell you whether it will mean that it more than the monies that will be deducted, that is why I have pointed yo to the calculators.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #226053 by Ditzee
i applied for CA and was refused but I do now have an underlying entitlement to Carer's Premium. I have informed my LHA and am waiting for revised figures again for HB and CTR. Does this mean we can both continue with our own individual CB ESA claims or should we now be claiming IR ESA as a couple?

More
5 years 3 months ago #226082 by Gordon
Ditzee

You can continue with your CB ESA claims, as previously discussed, even with the potential inclusion of the Carers Premium, your income appears to exceed any Income Related ESA that might be payable.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.