× Members

Second assessment for PIP

More
5 years 3 months ago #224456 by Benson 21
Second assessment for PIP was created by Benson 21
Hi
I am new to this so please excuse me if my question has been asked by someone else.
I live in Northern Ireland and was on DLA which was for an indefinite period, towards the end of last year I had to apply for pip and had my face to face with capita in my home in December, today I have had a call from capita to say that I have to have another assessment which again will take place in my home, when I asked why I was told that the TWO have asked for further information to allow them to make a decision on my claim. The lady who called me said this does happen sometimes if they need more information, I am sick with worry I was already suffering with even more anxiety than usual due to going through this process. Can anyone tell me if this does happen and what I can do to give further information I felt sure we covered everything in my assessment.

Sorry for the long winded message.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224477 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Second assessment for PIP
J

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Yes, we see this occasionally, it's usually more a case of the first report being deficient or even missing rather than a Decision Maker asking for more information, unfortunately, your claim cannot progress until the DM has a reasonable report available.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Benson 21

More
5 years 3 months ago #225003 by Benson 21
Replied by Benson 21 on topic Second assessment for PIP
Hi Gordon

Thanks for your reply unfortunately was had forgotten until today that I had already asked you about my second assessment, one thing I forgot to ask originally am I allowed to ask the DWP before my second assessment next Monday what the additional information that they require is, I thought the original assessor was very through so I have no idea what extra i can tell them that I haven't to do already.
Jackie

More
5 years 3 months ago #225010 by Gordon
J

There may be no additional information if no report was filed, either way, the new assessor will start from scratch but you can try phoning them in advance of the interview,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225023 by Benson 21
Replied by Benson 21 on topic Second assessment for PIP
Thank you Gordon. I phoned the DWP about 2 weeks ago to ask if they could tell me how long it would likely be before I heard about my claim and was told that the report had just arrived then 2 days later I had a call from Capita to say that they had to come out to see me again as the DWP had requested further information which is why I was I have been so anxious about it due to as I have said I thought I had answered everything the best I could. I know they don't take into consideration that I had been on DLA which was on an indefinite basis so going through this all over again is honestly adding to my health problems. I know I'm not the only one in this position but it makes you feel as though you are. I appreciate the information you give within the forum.

Jackie

More
5 years 3 months ago #225029 by Gordon
J

Then it sounds as if the report was classed as sub-standard by the DWP, whilst they can request additional information from the assessor or their opinion on your medical evidence if it was supplied, neither of these would result in a reassessment.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Benson 21

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.