× Members

Second assessment for PIP

More
5 years 3 months ago #225371 by Benson 21
Replied by Benson 21 on topic Second assessment for PIP
Hi

My second assessment is Monday morning, I have called Capita to ask what more they could possibly require from me and the person I spoke to said that it was just done additional information and that I have nothing to be worried about as it was actually a good thing regarding my claim, and that it may not be the full assessment needed but just have 2 or 3 extra questions to ask me, I don't really know what to make of that as The lady tried to reassure me and said this is a good thing a few times. So I just wondered whether you are able to give me any idea of anything extra that I should be mindful about during the second assessment.

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225398 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Second assessment for PIP
Benson

To be honest, no! I am still expecting it to be from scratch, if it was just a couple of questions then they could have phoned you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225468 by Benson 21
Thanks for your reply Gordon, to be honest I am so confused about this now, in my post on Friday I received a reminder from Capita about tomorrow's appointment and I also received a letter from DWP to say they now had all information needed to make a decision and that I didn't need to contact as they would write to me once a decision had been made. Well I was completely confused so phoned the DWP and was told that they hadn't requested a further assessment but that Capita themselves sometimes arrange a second assessment if they think anything more can be added to help the decision maker. So I guess I will find out tomorrow why they have decided to come and assess me again.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225489 by Benson 21
Thank you for your reply Gordon, I have now had my second assessment and to be honest as far as I can tell it ent as well as the first one. Something did happen Friday that completely confused me in my post i received the reminder letter from Capita about today's assessment and also in the very same post I refers letter from the DFC to say they now had all of the information required to make a decision regarding my claim for pip it also said I didn't need to contact them as they would write once a decision has been made. I phoned then to ask why they had Sent that letter when they had requested a second assessment to be told that they hadn't requested it but that sometimes Capita decide to do a further assessment if they think any more information can be had regarding my conditions. The assessor this morning phoned her manager to query it to be told that it was the DFC who had asked for it. To say it was confusing would be an understatement. Anyway it's in their hands for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.