× Members

Health Assessors Report

More
5 years 3 months ago #224666 by kirsty3
Health Assessors Report was created by kirsty3
I duly rang and asked for the report. It had no points on it , however reading through the descriptors , the comments were favourable in that the HCP seemed to agree with my descriptors. And they said No review period. Is this good or bad and can the DM change everything the HCP says ? I tried to work out the points from the B&W self test.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224673 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessors Report
kirsty

The report should still indicate the points being recommended by the assessor, there should be a series of tick boxes for each activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224678 by kirsty3
Replied by kirsty3 on topic Health Assessors Report
No...there were no actual points just everything I said e.g.. needs assistance with washing etc. And so on and so forth. How do I get the points? Ring them back. Maybe the DM makes or puts the points in. And as conditions unlikely to change no review date.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224682 by Gordon
kirsty

Unless the points are blindingly obvious the DM won't know what points to award, do the phrases the assessor uses correspond to the PIP Descriptors, for example for washing and bathing

a. Can wash and bathe unaided.
b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to wash or bathe.
c. Needs supervision or prompting to be able to wash or bathe.
d. Needs assistance to be able to wash either their hair or body below the waist.
e. Needs assistance to be able to get in or out of a bath or shower.
f. Needs assistance to be able to wash their body between the shoulders and waist.
g. Cannot wash and bathe at all and needs another person to wash their entire body.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224684 by kirsty3
Replied by kirsty3 on topic Health Assessors Report
Yes. E.g. that one said needs assistance to get in and out of a bath safely.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224687 by Gordon

kirsty3 wrote: Yes. E.g. that one said needs assistance to get in and out of a bath safely.

So that Descriptor (e), scores three points, you should be able to marry up the others against the Descriptors which are listed in the PIP Claim guide.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: kirsty3

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.