× Members

ESA50 Form

More
4 years 11 months ago #231536 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 Form
CAP

I would certainly raise the issue of the wrong conditions but be aware that the DM is not medically trained and the difference may not mean anything to them, so if you can articulate the differences in simple terms then I would.

The PIP award may be relevant but it will depend on what you scored for and why, you need to explain the relevant points in terms that relate back to the ESA Descriptors, what may be obvious to you may not be to those that assessed you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231546 by CAP
Replied by CAP on topic ESA50 Form
Gordon,
Okay thank you. I know it's going to be a nightmare doing the MR ,but i ploughed on with it for PIP so I will do it even if it takes me some time. The thing that I found strange with the phone call is I was told that i could request an MR or I could apply for UC. A fair few years back when I was in the same position as I am now in relation to my ESA ,I was told that I had to attend an appointment at my local job centre & was told what day and what time I had to be there.Where as this time it seems a case of you can apply for UC if you want. Which to be perfectly honest it's not something that I would voluntarily choose to do and I guess i'm fortunate enough to be in receipt of PIP which means at least I've got money coming in.
My biggest concern initially was that there is no way that I would be able to afford my presciptions now that I'm currently not in receipt of ESA as they would work out at £91
a month,but after a bit if looking on line I read that if you're in receipt of just children's tax credits,not with the working tax credit element then you're entitled to free prescriptions. So I rang up the tax credits and was intially told that I was wrong so i read out to him what i'd found on line and then he removed the ESA from my tax credits award being as I told him that it had stopped as of today and all of a sudden he agreed with me and said that a tax credit NHS exemption card will be sent out to me. It seems very much that if you don't ask you don't get.

Carl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.