× Members

ESA50 Form

More
5 years 2 months ago #226649 by CAP
Replied by CAP on topic ESA50 Form
Gordon,
I'm starting to think that i've been properly stitched up then.
I'm going to have to ring in the morning and see what's said this time.
I'm guessing all calls are recorded ,so do you think that would help me at all? Although like I said previously I didn't write down the womans name ,but know it was spot on 14.38 when I was on the phone to her as she actually said that time to me & then I assumed that she was typing something explaining that my form would be late being returned.
CAP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226662 by CAP
Hi Gordon,
Just to update you.I called the DWP first thing this morning & you are 100% right on the no extension for the ESA50 form,not as I doubted you in the slightest.I explained to the lady on the phone that I've been getting some online help filling in my form & from what I have been told I believe that I was misinformed a few days ago when I called and asked for an extension. So I asked the lady to check what notes were put on my file when I had the long conversation with somebody on 19th ? She confirmed that it did say that I can have an extension,so I asked ,Why would she say that? Obviously she couldn't give an answer to that ,so I asked, Why was I told that it takes 9 days for the form to arrive at the correct office when it goes direct to maximus? Again she couldn't answer why I was told that either ,but just kept apologising. I told her that I was a bit concerned as to where this now left me being as my form is not going to arrive back in time and all she just told me to write on page 3 that I was misinformed by somebdy at the DWP so I made sure that I found out the name of the person who misinformed me & what call centre she was from.She did tell me that it won't effect my benefit,but can I even believe that?
I did give my 100% assurance that they will have the form by Tuesday as I will send it guaranteed delivery on Monday morning.
I could do without this stress,but obviously I need to get it done.
Back to a question from yesterday; when it comes to regulation 35 do I only need to refer to it once when I'm first explaining about my medical condition & should I write out word for word what regulation 35 says?, or should I refer to regulation 35 numerous times ,putting in the answer to any question that i think it fits in with,but obviously elaborating on why I believe it refers to me in each section?
I'm glad I messaged you yesterday or I'd still be dragging my heels filling in the form.
Thanks
CAP

More
5 years 2 months ago #226674 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 Form
CAP

Regulation 35 is not relevant to any of the ESA activities so you need to deal with it separately, remember it is about the risk of harm to you if you are required to perform Work Related Activity, there is a list of the activities that the DWP might ask you to do in the ESA Claim guides.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CAP

More
5 years 2 months ago #226684 by AHW7
Replied by AHW7 on topic ESA50 Form
Gordon, I'm not sure if it varies in different parts of the country, but when I got sent my ESA50 in November, the return envelope had the DWP mailhandling centre address in Wolverhampton on it. They then sent me a second letter a few weeks later to chase up the form (I wasn't beyond the initial deadline at this point), telling me to return it to the address at the top of the letter, which was their Edgware Road office. Given I wasn't sure whether the reply envelope was valid if you changed the address on it, I ended up having to phone the DWP's Glasgow contact centre up to get them to confirm where to send it, and make a note on my case that they'd told me that in case the form got delayed. And they told me to send it back to the Wolverhampton mailhandling centre, so I ended up having a minor rant in the "Reasons why your form is late" section about confusing information risking a delay in receipt despite my efforts to get it in in time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
5 years 2 months ago #226700 by CAP
Hi ScattyMare,
I didn't even think about looking at the return envelope.Mine also is for the Woverhampton mail handling site, yet when I said about returning to it Maximus when I last spoke to the DWP they didn't disagree.Looks like I'll be ringing again on Monday morning before I take it down to the post office.
CAP

More
4 years 11 months ago #231520 by CAP
Hi Gordon or whoever may be moderating,
I finally got a phone call earlier in relation to my ESA claim & was told that I scored 0 points and my ESA will stop with immediate effect.
Quite coincidentally I received a copy of the assessment report today as well which I was reading through when I received a text message from the DWP saying that they would ring me within 2 hours to discuss my work capability assessment ,which I thought was a bit strange,but anyway the report is utter rubbish so it looks like it's going to be an MR. I'm just a little curious as to whether the fact that I have just been successful in my MR for PIP moving me up to Enhanced for both parts will have any bearing for my MR for ESA. I was asked on the phone if there had been any changes since my assessment and all I said was that I have 2 more pain clinic appointments next week, I completely forgot to mention about the changes to my PIP, although I know that the decision was already made about my ESA. Should this carry any weight for my MR do you think? The health care professional who did the assessment report hasn't even got my medical condition right, she's put Chronic Pain Syndrome when it should be Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and that's the first thing it says on the second page of the report so the report's wrong right from the beginning.
Thanks
CAP

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.