× Members

Renewing PIP

More
5 years 3 months ago #224883 by idbelucky
Renewing PIP was created by idbelucky
Hi
I live in the Derby area and was wondering if anyone knows the time scale on renewing pip.

I returned my form on 11 October and received a text message saying thank you for sending us your ‘how your disability affects you’ form on 4 January. Do you think I should of heard something more by now?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224900 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Renewing PIP
Pat

We are starting to see delays in the PIP assessment process, you can contact the Assessment Provider for your postcode for an update.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: idbelucky

More
5 years 3 months ago #224939 by Frank Sprules
Replied by Frank Sprules on topic Renewing PIP
My partner sent her review documents in just before Christmas and we got the notification of the f2f yesterday, for the 4th of Feb.

Whenever you do get it, good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: idbelucky

More
5 years 3 months ago #224945 by idbelucky
Replied by idbelucky on topic Renewing PIP
Thank you Gordon.

The day after I posted I got a letter with a f2f home appointment date of 5 Feb. I don’t know why they have offered me the appointment at home, I did not request it, the date is not convenient for me. If I phone for another date are they likely to book something mutually convenient or do I not get a say as to when it will be. I don’t mind travelling to the local centre.

Pat

More
5 years 3 months ago #224999 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Renewing PIP
Pat

Have your diary with you, providing you can attend within three weeks of the day that you phone them then it should be able to book a mutually convenient date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #226356 by idbelucky
Replied by idbelucky on topic Renewing PIP
Just to update this post, I changed the date of my assessment which I attended last Thursday. The lady I saw was very nice and even seemed to be trying to help me, saying that I put on my form that I could walk up to 50 meters she said I don’t think you could walk 20 meters. At present I don’t have any award for mobility so we will what happens.
She even went on to say that her husband and daughter have the same condition as me. Also she remarked on how well I had filled my form in and that I had sent good evidence so she was surprised that they wanted to see me.
The assessment lasted about an hour and she commented that they would probably want to see me again and she would push for four years . Hoping her remarks were genuine and I keep my award.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.