× Members

Renewing PIP

More
5 years 3 months ago #226395 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Renewing PIP
PAt

There are considerable delays in the PIP Decision process so it could be as long as ten weeks before you hear. You should be able to request a copy of the assessment report by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226603 by idbelucky
Replied by idbelucky on topic Renewing PIP
I phoned the DWP dealing with my claim to request a copy of the assessment after waiting for the call to be answered and going through the security check I was told that they have not yet received the report. It is a week since my assessment, I thought they got it n a couple days, should I be worried?

The assessor also told me that she was going to recommend a low level shower as I have trouble stepping over the side of the bath, what do you think she meant by this?

Pat

More
5 years 2 months ago #226614 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Renewing PIP
Pat

Yes, it should have been with the DWP within a couple of days of the assessment, contact the Assessment Provider for an update.

As to the comment, assessors often say things like this to create a rapport with the claimant but the reality is that it would be extraordinarily unlikely that they will contact anybody

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: idbelucky

More
5 years 2 months ago #226653 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Renewing PIP
Hi Pat and Gordon,

I have been chasing the assessor's report every week since my F2F took place on 29 January. On the third week after the F2F the DWP agreed that it was now overdue and kindly transferred me to the DWP's direct line to Capita. The DWP told me that Capita will think it's the DWP calling. Capita advised me that it had been sent to the DWP the previous day (20 days after the f2f). Capita also advised me that it would take about a week before the report would appear on the DWP's system. Perhaps Capita is also falling behind!
Mark

More
5 years 2 months ago #226687 by idbelucky
Mark,

It sounds like they have kept you waiting, I hope you receive it soon. I am going to wait till Wednesday then phone the DWP again if they still haven’t got it I will ring Capita.

Good luck.
Pat

More
5 years 2 months ago #226787 by idbelucky
Hello,

Update, i received a text message from DWP saying that they had my assessment report and would be in touch when a decision has been made.
How long does it normally take to receive a copy of the assessment once requested?

Pat

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.