× Members

This is getting worse now ADI

More
5 years 3 months ago #224951 by terdun9
This is getting worse now was created by terdun9
Hi Gordon
I have this morning had to phone carers allowance because my carers payment didn't go in to the bank, the lady said because my Husband is getting carers for me I should not of been paid a higher rate of carers so they have stopped payment for now.

I asked if there will be a over payment to pay back they said its with the diction maker at the moment and we will send you a letter to let you know what's going to happen next.
She said its nothing to do with my PIPS claim but because my husband get`s carers for me I should not of got the higher rate for him,
So now I possibly looking at a huge overpayment to pay back she did say its nothing to do with my PIPS claim what's so ever.
more worrying I am going mad here with worry

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225007 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic This is getting worse now
Jacqui

I think you need to contact the DWP again or wait for the letter, there is no "higher rate" of Carers Allowance, it is one single rate.

Do you both have awards of enabling benefits such as PIP Daily Living, Attendance Allowance or DLA Medium or Higher Rate Care?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225015 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic This is getting worse now
Hi Gordon hubby get DLA higher in both awards and I am still waiting for the pips to be sorted daily allowance only with pips at the moment

More
5 years 3 months ago #225027 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic This is getting worse now

Jacqui wrote: Hi Gordon hubby get DLA higher in both awards and I am still waiting for the pips to be sorted daily allowance only with pips at the moment

So, as long as you are providing 35 hours of care a week and the things that you do for your husband are not at odds with your own limitations then there should be no reason why you cannot claim Carers Allowance.

I'm afraid that until you receive the letter or phone the DWP for more information then there is little else that I can say at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225160 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic This is getting worse now ADI
HI Goron
Just got off the phone to carers they told me to phone today if the cares had not been paid so
I did. only to be told that because some years ago the DWP used to pay an ADI that's means
Adult Dependency Increase
The man told me that from 20th December 2010 we have been overpaid by a £38.00 a week for the last 9 years to make a grand total of some £15.530.95 and they will be asking for it all back. and I can appeal this Yes, of course, we appeal now stating recoverability of this dept Bearing in mind whenever any benefit is given to us in any form I always check and double check it's correct before we use any of the money. and always let them know of any potential change or ask if this changes anything
Now I have just phoned Cares back to ask them just what ADI means and they told me that this has not been given since 2003 now again i am very confused again as we were given it in October 2010 first payment was December 20th 2010

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #225187 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic This is getting worse now ADI
Jacqui

You need to get face to face advice, someone who can correspond with the DWP on your behalf, which we can't do on the forum. Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

In the interim, you need a full breakdown of the overpayment, don't assume the DWP have got it right. The first thing the advisor needs to ask is why it is recoverable.

Gordon

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.