× Members

ESA back payments - ESA 3 (IBR) 06/18 help please

More
5 years 3 months ago #225319 by melannie
Can someone please tell me if the DWP are trying to set people up for a bad fall with this "ESA back payments - ESA 3 (IBR) 06/18" form they sent me ??

I have had the form for months and so have a few people I know too and every single one of us think in one way or another if we respond to this form then we will get our benefits stopped/cut/forced onto UC/made to have yet another PIP or ESA face to face that is not required etc, it is ridiculous that me and others like me are petrified to make a claim for money that is due back to us from 2013.

I really do smell something bad if you get what I mean, and I personally think but hope I am totally wrong, I think they are setting us all up for a fall :(

I have nothing to hide at all but I'm absolutely terrified about this, the form has been sitting looking at me for months now and I really am unsure whether or not this is worth the risk as I could not face any of the above BAD things that in my mind could quite possibly happen.

I hope I am wrong, can anyone and everyone please give me there 100% honest opinion on this matter a.s.a.p please as this is driving me crazy not knowing what to do etc.

Thank you all ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225340 by Gordon
Melannie

The following explains what this is all about

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=125222

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: melannie

More
5 years 3 months ago #225349 by melannie
Thank for that Gordon.

What I was really hoping some people would mention regarding my main questions is this >>

"Are there any risks at all ?" Everyone I know just feels that they (dwp) are doing a sneaky thing with this, and lest face it, all of a persons benefit and health details etc since 2013 is a lot of information to be giving them and it will be quite hard for a lot of people to remember all the way back to whats happened since 2013 , it would be really scary to hand over all these details if the dwp are going to use this against people because we know that is the kind of extremely disgusting attitude the majority of the people that work for the dwp have apart from the good few (there isn't many as we know, that's all in my own opinion of course though).

I am still scared at the thought of this but the temptation of all that extra cash "I may be due" is very very tempting indeed as I'm sure a lot of people would agree.

I was wondering, is there any people out there that are registered on here who have successfully done exactly what we are chatting about here out of curiosity ?

More
5 years 3 months ago #225350 by melannie
p.s, Gordon or any other Admin, I don't seem to be getting any email notifications of my thread here, just noticed that, is that just the way it is or is there a setting I can change to sort that out please ? (I had a quick look but don't seem to see an option for changing it), please advise, thank you.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225374 by Gordon
melannie

This affects some 200,000 former IB claimants and we already have several members who have reported receiving back payments but it is entirely up to you whether you provide the information or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225375 by Gordon

melannie wrote: p.s, Gordon or any other Admin, I don't seem to be getting any email notifications of my thread here, just noticed that, is that just the way it is or is there a setting I can change to sort that out please ? (I had a quick look but don't seem to see an option for changing it), please advise, thank you.

I'm afraid the facility is currently unavailable.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.