× Members

ESA back payments - ESA 3 (IBR) 06/18 help please

More
5 years 2 months ago #227036 by melannie

melannie wrote: Can someone please tell me if the DWP are trying to set people up for a bad fall with this "ESA back payments - ESA 3 (IBR) 06/18" form they sent me ??

I have had the form for months and so have a few people I know too and every single one of us think in one way or another if we respond to this form then we will get our benefits stopped/cut/forced onto UC/made to have yet another PIP or ESA face to face that is not required etc, it is ridiculous that me and others like me are petrified to make a claim for money that is due back to us from 2013.

I really do smell something bad if you get what I mean, and I personally think but hope I am totally wrong, I think they are setting us all up for a fall :(

I have nothing to hide at all but I'm absolutely terrified about this, the form has been sitting looking at me for months now and I really am unsure whether or not this is worth the risk as I could not face any of the above BAD things that in my mind could quite possibly happen.

I hope I am wrong, can anyone and everyone please give me there 100% honest opinion on this matter a.s.a.p please as this is driving me crazy not knowing what to do etc.

Thank you all ;)

So just after the time I posted this original message up I went ahead and filled in the form and sent it.

Does anyone have any idea of roughly how long it takes to get a reply back as that was a month ago now ?

(I know in general usually they (dwp) aren't in any hurry unless it's to stop someones benefits (typical), but I'm just trying to get a rough idea of how long it may take ?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #227060 by Gordon
melannie

There are considerable delays in the ESA assessment process at the moment with some members waiting nine or more months to hear about a face to face assessment.

You can contact Maximus for an update in your area.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Your current award remains in payment until a new Decision is made, however long that might be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #227103 by melannie
Thanks Gordon, but what do you mean with a face to face, I'm not due one of those for a long time if it happens at all that is ?

Or do you mean the whole dwp system is finding it hard to cope with the workload of other peoples face to face results and things like that ? Nothing to do with what I'm talking about originally no ?

More
5 years 2 months ago #227120 by Gordon
melannie

I mean a face to face assessment.

The delays for ESA are solely in the assessment part of the process, Maximus has received more request for (re)assessment than they have resources to process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: melannie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.