× Members

WRAG to Support Group

More
5 years 2 months ago #226352 by shimtoan
WRAG to Support Group was created by shimtoan
Got a brown envelope, 2 actually, through the post this morning (Saturday). The contents of both were identical. After 8 years in the WRAG, I've been moved to the Support Group of ESA.

This is the first time I've seen a doctor, and he seemed to understand my conditions. I've got nothing against nurses, but they don't tend to have as much in-depth knowledge.

My assessment had to be rearranged as, at the original appointment, they didn't think they'd have enough time to see me, so I had to choose between waiting potentially 2 hours or rebooking. We chose rebooking. They did it over the phone whilst we were there and gave us a confirmation letter.

We're going to ring during the week to see if we can get any further info, such as award length, and/or the Decision Maker's report, just for our own records.

Out of interest, are there any typical guideline award lengths for the Support Group?

But moved from WRAG to Support... that's good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226392 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG to Support Group
shimtoan

Very pleased for you, well done.

The average SG award is probably two years, the maximum is three.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226424 by shimtoan
Replied by shimtoan on topic WRAG to Support Group
We've been told 2 years.

We asked for the decision makers' reports and scoresheet. We're getting the DM one sent out to us.

Apparently they can't send the scoresheet, but we were able to get them when put in WRAG. I used to get points in 5 or 6 categories which is why we wanted to know.

Are the appropriate descriptors listed on the DM report?

More
5 years 2 months ago #226433 by Gordon
shimtoan

You should ask for a copy of the assessment report, it will be an ESA85.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226550 by shimtoan
Replied by shimtoan on topic WRAG to Support Group
We received the ESA85 this morning.

It doesn't mention any descriptors or award length, and doesn't make it clear where I was awarded it.

We have an idea of which descriptor it comes under, but it isn't one I've been awarded points on previously.

The ESA85 states that my appointment was curtailed due to my health.

Because the assessment wasn't fully completed, could this be why there's no score sheet?

We think the 15 points came from Activity 13 due to, quoting from the ESA85, "The evidence suggests at the present time, severe restrictions with planning his day, and with planning, initiating, and effectively completing personal actions of the daily routine. Severe functional restriction is advised"

My partner has concerns that other activities may have been disregarded and that this report could go against us at any future assessment, especially if I'm not kept in the Support Group next time, as I was in the WRAG for 8 years and previously scored points in both mental and physical activities.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226563 by Gordon
V

The report should indicate the Descriptors that were met, for example; the Moving Around activities are prefixed Wa, Wb, etc.

There should be a prognosis which would have been used for the award length.

The code for Coping With Change is CCa. Descriptor (a) would place them in the SG.

ESA assessments can be curtailed if the assessor is satisfied that the claimant clearly meets one of the SG Descriptors, it doesn't mean that they do not meet the criteria for other activities.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.