× Members

PIP review report

More
5 years 1 month ago #228156 by Asbo
PIP review report was created by Asbo
Hi

My PIP review report is totally inaccurate. Do the DWP look at the other evidence? Should I complain about the assessor now to ATOS or should I wait for the DWP's decision. Should I get in touch with my MP about it now?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228179 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review report
Asbo

The report should indicate the points that the assessor is recommending, what does it say?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228186 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic PIP review report
Yes indicates I will only get standard DL. Whereas before I was getting enhanced both.

She gave me 0 points for Social Support whereas last time I got 4 points. Also Following and Planning Journeys I got 10 points for being unable to do a journey because of overwhelming distress. Because I spoke about seeing family or going out some days U got nought for this part of the mobility, whereas I think I should have got points for not being able to go on journeys to unfamiliar places which is 10. I always go with my sister to visit other family members and those places are familiar and I can only do this occasionally. So I only scored something like 2 points on the other part of mobility. Yet I have been getting mobility for 20 years (always got low rate mobility with DLA). So now I have several more conditions and I get nothing. I had two people sitting in with me and a home visit too

More
5 years 1 month ago #228196 by Gordon
Asbo

What information did you include on the form for Mixing with Others?

Social Support has a specific definition, did you explain why and how you receive this?

Again, what did you say about your Mobility?

You need to think about which points you want to score for the Going Out activity, from your post you previously scored for being unable to undertake a journey but you are now saying that you should score for being unable to follow a route. These two tasks are mutually exclusive of each other, you cannot argue one without undermining your arguments for the other and it is easy not to score any points as a result.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228220 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic PIP review report
Hi Gordon
For mixing with others I said due to my anxiety I need my sister with me to attend appointments and get agitated waiting. I said due to anxiety and CFS I find mixing with people stressful and exhausting and avoid social situations as much as possible. I said I need to be on my own most of time and my GP and sister backed this up. I said I avoid phone calls and social situations.

It is Descriptor 11, Planning and following a route. Basically I always need someone with me to go to doctor,s or travel, and said how I need accompanying on trains etc. But because I walk out locally e.g. to bottom of town maybe 1-3 times a week, even though I can't walk back without getting a taxi at the bottom of town and I can't go out repeatedly or often as needed or sometimes have to cut short my visits she has said I can manage this activity unaided

More
5 years 1 month ago #228236 by Gordon
Asbo

I can only go on what you have posted so I hope you will forgive me but you are not really addressing the criteria for each of these activities.

So Mixing with Other People is about your ability to get on with other people socially when you are face-to-face with them. So attending appointments does not really come under this definition and your getting agitated while waiting certainly is not.

You say you avoid social situations, why? What happens when you are in one? What problems do you have interacting with other people in these situations?

The Going Out activity looks at three things; your ability to plan a route, whether you can undertake a journey and whether you can follow a route.

Ignoring the first of these for the moment, although you have said that you nee someone with you at the doctor or when you go some distance away from your home, you seem to be able to get to the bottom of town on your own, so undertaking a journey does not apply.

When you are away from your home your problems appear, in part to be physical, you mention being unable to walk back for town, you cannot score for physical issue in this activity. What you don't mention is any problems with your actually following a route, not knowing where you are or being unable to work out where you need to go to next.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.