× Members

PIP review report

More
5 years 1 month ago #228270 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic PIP review report
I avoid social situations a) because of anxiety and social anxiety, b) now also because of fatigue and conversation tires me, I get agitated often when in social situations with people. The agitation is also related to agoraphobia (being trapped in a situation). I have had this for years and it is well documented by my GP. I listed all the anxiety symptoms in the original PIP but not as much in the PIP review (i"d have to check) because boxes were a lot smaller. But the assessor acknowledged the meds I am taking for anxiety e.g. anti depressants and tranx. She said I gave her eye contact but I didn't. She didn't see my legs shaking as she appeared in the room because she approached the wrong person. So I avoid social situations because I am scared of being trapped and need an escape. But it is also compounded by physical illness too, not only FM/CFS but c) excessive sweating and that makes me feel anxious and need to escape too.

You mention about the Going Out activity, but I can't go to the bottom of town reliably, repeatedly (as often as I need to), in a timely fashion (takes me twice a long as it used to and the average person) and I need to get a taxi home, nearly always. This wasn't the case at my last PIP 3 years ago and I got enhanced. I also got low DLA starting 20 years ago and was getting this right up until migrated to PIP. So how can I lose it all when I am much worse and need a lot more help? And when I'm worse than three years ago? It doesn't make any sense except in the context of someone trying to knock me off mobility altogether.

Anyway I have written to my MP about what I feel is manipulation and grave discrepancies

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228277 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review report
Asbo

Although the Going Out activity needs to be completed reliably the reasons why you cannot do so still need to be relevant to the activity and the issue that you raise are all physical ones (e.g. walking speed) and these will not score you points.

Whilst you do have problems with Mixing with Other People to score the four points that you are aiming for you need to show a need for Social Support, this has a legally defined definition and I feel that you are not addressing this requirement properly.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228295 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic PIP review report
Hi Gordon

Re Mixing With Others, my need for social support I thought was addressed by by GP evidence and the fact that I live with my sister who supports me and I need her to be with me for social events e.g. visiting family. It's hard for me to talk about my needs in compartments like this as the mental impacts on the physical and vice versa.

The Going Out not being able to do do it as often as I need is also bound up with psychological distress. My GP has provided evidence of MH problems and I have a lifelong history of anxiety and agoraphobia since adolescence. As you'll be aware agoraphobia means fear of the market place and the need to escape. I may have emphasis physical problems more only because they have been added to the mix. But hyperhidrosis although very physical is also made worse by anxiety. All these impact on my going out.

I'm not sure what i should be emphasising as there's so much going on. It's almost as if you have one MH then it's easier to focus, is what you're saying? I'm finding it all too much, the more conditions I get and feeling I need a degree to fill out he form.

Surely the mobility part of PIP is to enable people to be able to go out with help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.