× Members

Forced to attend PIP f2f with agoraphobia?

More
4 years 11 months ago #229959 by wibblum
Replied by wibblum on topic Forced to attend PIP f2f with agoraphobia?
Hi again all,

UPDATE: So, I called DWP and withdrew the PIP claim on 10/4/19, the day before the assessment. I didn't bother informing ATOS but I did point out to DWP that the only reason I was withdrawing was due to ATOS' inflexible attitude (to put it mildly) regarding the f2f in Manchester when my GP had strongly advised against. Oddly, after I explained this, the lady I spoke to said that this was 'very unusual' treatment by ATOS (!) and would I like her to investigate the matter further (!). I was very tempted, but as the f2f was due first thing the following morning I decided against, informing her that I would prefer to make a new claim later instead as that would give me more time to gather more evidence and support. They promptly ended my current DLA claim and I was told that the remaining back payment of DLA would be paid up to 1/5/19. By my reckoning that's three weeks, rather than four - is that correct Gordon or is this something I can challenge?

Anyway, 1/5/19 has been and gone, and no payment has materialised in my account. Should I expect it by now, or should I wait another week until my usual payment date? Unsurprisingly they weren't forthcoming about exactly when I'd receive it at the time, and I didn't think to ask.

I'm mainly asking because following the PIP withdrawal my very next ESA payment failed to go into my account, which ruined my Easter weekend but turned out to have been 'an unrelated processing error' that was sorted with a (very lengthy and tedious) phone call. I'm just wondering if this is something similar or if I should just wait?

As for my next PIP claim, I'm gathering stuff together. My MP has grown oddly silent, but I suppose she might be more occupied with the local elections at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229986 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Forced to attend PIP f2f with agoraphobia?
wobblin

The four weeks are defined in law, how the DLA will be paid will depend on your payment dates and whether your DLA is paid four-weekly in arrears or three-weekly in arrears and one week in advance but if your normal payment date is before 8 May then I would expect this to be honoured with the possibility of a second part payment on 9 May.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: wibblum

More
4 years 11 months ago #229997 by wibblum
Thanks Gordon.

The next and final DLA payment would be due on the 14th of May (I received the previous, penultimate DLA payment on 16th of April as expected, six days after phoning DWP), but as I ended the PIP claim on the 10th April I think it's going to come up a little short. I'm not sure of the arrears/advance ratio of my payments unfortunately so I'll have to take their word for it.

As for receiving it I'll hang on until the 9th, and see what happens then.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230575 by wibblum
Hi again,

So, now the fun begins...

I decided to wait all the way until today (the 14th) to see if my final payment showed up in my account. It didn't.

I then called DLA, who (after an hour on hold) told me it was no longer anything to do with them as PIP now had all my records, 'so call them'. After an hour and a half on hold to them, PIP tell me, 'No sorry, it's a DLA matter, I don't know why they would have said that, they've got those records. So call them.' After a further 20 minutes on hold to DLA again, an unbelievably rude (more in tone than actual words) woman tells me, 'No, you aren't entitled to a thing, we didn't have to pay you a penny after the day you decided not to claim PIP' (the implication being 'consider yourself lucky we paid you up to April 16th'). I said, as calmly as possibly: 'but I was assured when I withdrew the PIP claim that DLA payments would continue until the 1st of May'. Her curt response: 'No.' We went back and forth with variations on that theme for another minute or so, with her making no attempt to explain anything in detail.

Meanwhile, my MP has sent me a copy of the DWP's response to her enquiry about my case, will clearly states: "payments of DLA will therefore be paid to 30 April 2019" (a day less than I was first told, but I'll let that go). As the last payment went into my account on the 16th April, even allowing for the possibility of payments being three weeks in arrears/one week in advance, it would suggest that they owe me something, if only a week's money.

Any ideas on how to proceed from here, Gordon?

More
4 years 11 months ago #230588 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Forced to attend PIP f2f with agoraphobia?
wobblin

I would request an MR, include the MPs letter and raising the issue of the period from the 16th to the 30th.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: wibblum

More
4 years 11 months ago #230623 by alynewas
Replied by alynewas on topic Forced to attend PIP f2f with agoraphobia?
hi, how did you get on?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.