× Members

Forced to attend PIP f2f with agoraphobia?

• wibblum
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228734 by wibblum
Replied by wibblum on topic Forced to attend PIP f2f with agoraphobia?
Hello again Gordon,

Outrageously, but not unexpectedly, ATOS are not budging on forcing me to attend this F2F - next Thursday at 9am.

A week is not enough to prepare myself for that trauma, so is it possible to abandon this particular claim for now and start a new claim in a month or two, giving me more time to gather extra evidence and involve more outside support (welfare rights, MP, etc), to prepare another claim in the full knowledge I'm now going to have a fight on my hands? My MP is a high-profile shadow cabinet member for one thing, so I doubt my recent letter and email have even been looked at yet.

Is there any obstacle or time limit to my beginning a fresh PIP claim if I drop this one? Will I still be paid the remaining DLA until the end of my award (May 27th)?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228750 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Forced to attend PIP f2f with agoraphobia?
wobblin

You can make a new claim for PIP at any time, there is no waiting period.

Your DLA award will remain in payment for a further four weeks from when a Decision on your PIP Claim is made, that is likely to be the date of appointment, so you may not get to the 27th.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: wibblum

• wibblum
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228752 by wibblum
OK thanks Gordon. Do we need to let them know if I decide to drop the claim, or can I just not turn up without any repercussions?

They aren't offering me any courtesy, so I don't see why I should offer them any if I can avoid it.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228763 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Forced to attend PIP f2f with agoraphobia?
wobblin

They'll close the claim if you do not attend, this won't impact on a new claim (PIP only), not contacting them may delay the Decision being made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• wibblum
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228771 by wibblum
Thanks, I'll probably do that, then.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228773 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic Forced to attend PIP f2f with agoraphobia?
Are you under the care of a community mental health team or community psychiatrist for your SA and agoraphobia? I've found that a letter from a psych dr has more clout/impact than a GP.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.