× Members

Transfer from Dla to Pip assessment.

More
5 years 4 days ago #230617 by Poollie1
Transfer from Dla to Pip assessment. was created by Poollie1
Just an update on my pip assessment yesturday 14th May.. Sorry I couldn't find the original thread so started a new one. So got transfer from DLA to Pip form beginning April, filled it in with the help of these very informative guides. Returned for 26th April recorded, got text to say they had received it. A week to ten days later received a text inviting me to a Pip assessment 14th May. Yes I thought it was quick too. Anyway managed to attend although had to go to bed to recover on my return. The assessor greeted me very politely and curteously, watching my every move. He went on to ask do you know why your here and explained the procedure explaining he wouldn't be performing the physical examination.. Anyway the normal questions were asked and I answered them as could have been expected of me whilst he was promoting me for the correct answers. He read most of his answers back to me which he had entered. Explaining I can't see your conditions improving in the long term and would be suggesting enhanced rate for both care and mobility. At the end he thanked me very much for managing to attend and asked if I was happy with the way he conducted things. I was, it was a very pleasant assessment and I told him so. I asked why I was called for an assessment so guickly ( I thought he knew something I didn't lol ) he explained the government have a contract with a timescale attached to get Dla claimants transferred ASAP, that answered my question. He finished by saying it may take a few weeks for a descion to be made but my Dla would continue in the meantime.. Am I being nieve and its all a red herring or has anyone else experienced this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 days ago #230626 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer from Dla to Pip assessment.
P

The fast assessment time is simply a reflection of empty diaries. He really should not have told you what he was recommending.

You should be able to request a copy of the assessment report at the end of the week. I don't have a current view of Decision time, but they were up at 10 weeks in April.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 days ago #230641 by Poollie1
Replied by Poollie1 on topic Transfer from Dla to Pip assessment.
Thank you Gordon you have been most helpful as usual...

More
5 years 3 days ago #230676 by Poollie1
Hi everyone, things are moving quickly for me and my Pip claim. Received a text at 8am this morning from DWP to inform me my written pip assessment report has been received and a decision will be made giving a timescale of " within 6 weeks". 2 questions, firstly who do I ask for a copy of the report. Secondly when can I ask for a copy? The reason I ask is because on IAS website I can only request a copy when a decision has been made, is this correct information? All advice greatly appreciated, thankyou in advance.

More
5 years 2 days ago #230685 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer from Dla to Pip assessment.
P

You can make the request now by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poollie1

More
4 years 11 months ago #230796 by Poollie1
Thanks Gordon for your great advice. I did as you suggested on Thursday and phoned DWP Friday for my report. The Report was delivered yesterday ( Saturday). Things seem to be moving very quick for me. Anyway I've mulled over the report on and off for the last 24 hrs. I've gained 14 points for daily living and 12 points for Moving around, with a reccomendtion no review to be performed as significant change is unlikely in the Nurses view. I'm guessing that puts me in the Enhanced for both? Although I'm not counting my chickens until I have the decision in my hand.. 2 questions what actually does the reccomendtion for no review mean? And secondly And if I was lucky enough to be awarded enhanced in daily living would I be owed some back money from the date of applying for pip as I was only awarded low care of Dla back in 1993 for life and I never told them I had deteriorated as I was afraid it could have been stopped altogether. Your advice is much appreciated.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.