× Members

Vague letter from DWP

More
4 years 11 months ago #230749 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Vague letter from DWP was created by CATHYCOMEHOME
Hello Gordon,
In the last few months - I contacted you regards my son's PIP / ESA - the forms arrived approximately at the same time. As you are aware, I went through Mandatory Reconsideration for him- ) DLA to PIP (from indefinite DLA to zero PIP - went to Mandatory reconsideration & he was awarded Enhanced Care & low Mobility).

Re ESA my son was awarded the Support Group on the paper review. My son's award are for three & half years (this award letter was only a couple of months ago). The letter stated that we need to talk to you about some changes that may affect your benefit payments' I am confused as he has very recently been assessed - is this usual just after a successful award?

I have received a letter today (I am my son's appointee) fron DWP Local Service Compliance Jobcentre WV99 1SP Titled:- Were reviewing your benefits & Circumstances - You must come to an office interview. printed Compliance Officer.
The interview is at a local Job-centre.

I am confused as my son is in the Support Group (Mentally ill). The letter states:- If You'e not available for this interview Your benefit will stop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230753 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Vague letter from DWP
CA

There are two possibilities but I can't say which is applicable, you can phone the JC+ advisor for more information.

So it may be a badly worded letter about a financial review of your son's benefits, he may be due some Premiums on his ESA depending on his circumstances.

Or, it could be that something has been flagged in regard his benefits, as his appointee I assume you have his benefits paid to you? Are these held in a separate account from your own money, if not then this could be the problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230759 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Replied by CATHYCOMEHOME on topic Vague letter from DWP
Hi Gordon,
I will phone JC+ adviser as you suggest.

My son receives premiums already on his ESA as he lives alone as he is encouraged to live as independently within his own limits - with family support as required and overnight stays when required at his home.

I am his appointee regards filling in his ESA/ PIP forms - His benefits go into his own account as I encourage him to be in control of his own money & overlook he pays his bills etc ..I am his appointee for these reasons - as he has a tendency to ignore letters & leave them lying around - or even manage to complete the forms.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231120 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Hi Gordon,
eventually got through to JC + Compliance Officer (~CO) - opposed to an answer machine. I asked what this was about & I was informed that due to data protection was not allowed. However, the CO did inform of the role of the CO. That it was either a 'Allegation' or 'Review' and informed was not allowed to disclose which one, and went on to say if a review it is from a financial perspective such as ensuring that there were no more than £6000 in an account etc...

I was informed that we will be in a private room. I asked for a home assessment and I was informed that they do not do home visits. I informed I was only asking as it generated stress with my son & I was informed that efforts are made to get in the room as soon as possible - I really try hard to keep him stable - so deflated that he is now stressing - he suffers from paranoid schizophrenia.

I informed that I will collect together my sons bank statement (that was on the appointment letter, along with other documents listed - I was informed not too worry too much about bank statements and that really just needed ID.

There was nothing on the List of documents that he had, i.e payslips etc..Why his he having to go through all this?

More
4 years 11 months ago #231134 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Vague letter from DWP
CA

Suggesting that they can't talk to you due Data Protection is rubbish as the appointee you are the only person that they can talk to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231144 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Hi Gordon,
I do not want to put my son through this again. I would like to say to my son now you do have to go. The CO left a answerphone message previously stating that there was a requirement that we both are required to attend. If I am his official appointee (I have the papers) I want to just turn up on my own, as I will be able to produce any documents (his rent payments, ESA award letter, Appointee verification, PIP award letter including Premiums - anything.
Everything is all u p & above board. - I do not understand why my son has to go . Please help - If I do not turn up with him will they stop his award entitlements? I am his official appointee - I can be there at the JC - I will be there to answer all.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.