× Members

Vague letter from DWP

More
4 years 11 months ago #231160 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Vague letter from DWP
CA

I would get back to the advisor again and remind them that you are the DWP appointed Appointee and unless they can provide a specific and compelling reason why your son needs attend then he will not as having thought about the risk to his mental health is too great.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231390 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Replied by CATHYCOMEHOME on topic Vague letter from DWP
Hello Gordon - Unfortunately - it was answer phone & the adviser is not back until the day before this interview.

I have left a polite message informing that unless I am provided with a specific & compelling reason why my son has to attend he will not, but I will attend - as I am his appointee and you can speak to me - I informed t is because the risk to his mental well being is to great - I informed I can provide his ID etc... (effectively all that was on the letter).

Obviously, I will not hear anything until the day before & somehow feel that this will not be accepted - I cannot help thinking that they have the authority to stop his payment. I have
previously asked for a home visit (the better of the two evils) - and I have offered to attend with whatever documents they want as his DWP Official appoitee.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231417 by Gordon
CA

At this stage, you have done all that you can.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CATHYCOMEHOME

More
4 years 11 months ago #231522 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Thanks Gordon - I will see what happens - as you say I have done all I can. If the adviser cannot give me a specific & compelling reason, I believe I am in order to turn up myself, as my son's appointee, with the documents specified / listed on the letter, I have received regarding my son, that has to be provided.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231537 by Gordon
CA

You've warned them and asked for a reasonable accommodation.

Gordon

More
4 years 11 months ago #231669 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Hello Gordon,
I have had a phone call from the Compliance Officer adviser this morning. The adviser informed me that my son did not need to go but was happy that I will attend. Thank you for you sound advice. I will let you know of the outcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.