× Members

P60 incorrect ???

More
4 years 11 months ago #231395 by Fay17
P60 incorrect ??? was created by Fay17
My p60 says JSA on the back, and £5773 taxable amount. I am however on IR ESA (support group). Called DWP and they mentioned an underlying contributions element to my claim? And stated im being paid correctly. Does this sound right?
Are they incorrectly paying me CB ESA with an IB too up?
Is so, do HMRC owe me a tax refund? Or DWP owe me payment? What about premiums?
And will any of this mean over or under payment in regards to my CTC?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231421 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P60 incorrect ???
Fay

The amount on the P60 is consistent with your receiving ESA(CB) in the support group.

If you are eligible then you can be paid ESA(CB) with an ESA(IB) top-up.

ESA(CB) is liable to Income Tax, that does not mean that you will have to pay the Tax, it will depend on whether this and any other income that you have means that you have exceeded your Tax Allowance. You are not due any money back either from HMRC or the DWP.

I don't see why it would impact on your Council Tax.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231792 by Fay17
Replied by Fay17 on topic P60 incorrect ???
Thank you for replying.
Sorry I wasnt clear in my post, what I mean is Im not eligible for CB ESA as I have not worked for the last 5 years and not paid enough contributions. this is an error on dwp behalf and now im wondering what other errors they have made. And have i missed out on any premiums (i was in receipt of pip for a few years also)

More
4 years 10 months ago #231830 by Gordon
Fay

Eligibility for Contribution Based ESA is decided at the time of the initial claim, so if you qualified then, then you still do, your not having worked for the last five years is irrelevant.

HAve you checked whether you are actually eligible for Income Related ESA? ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231950 by Fay17
Replied by Fay17 on topic P60 incorrect ???
I wasnt eligible for cb esa at the start of my claim 85 is an error on dwp behalf. I am entitled to income related. Im trying to get them to correct their mistake and they are making it impossible

More
4 years 10 months ago #231962 by Gordon

Fay17 wrote: I wasnt eligible for cb esa at the start of my claim 85 is an error on dwp behalf. I am entitled to income related. Im trying to get them to correct their mistake and they are making it impossible

Why do they think you qualified for ESA(CB)? I've never seen this before.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.