× Members

ESA

More
4 years 10 months ago #232517 by Debs123
ESA was created by Debs123
Hi Gordon I'm back again, I have just got through the transfer from DLA to PIP , after recieving high rate daily and reviewing mobility amended from low to high. I was transferred from incapacity benefit in 2011 and placed in contributed support group, but have now received form to fill in to continue to receive it. I have very little medical information as all areas were exhausted to improve disability years ago. So I only have my GP now. Should I send my PIP award letter with scores in areas, and I asked the GP to fill in the claimant request for GP comment. Thank you so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232518 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA
Debs

Yes, you can send the PIP report but you will need to explain why it relevant to the ESA criteria, although there are some areas of overlap, the requirements are still different.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232519 by Debs123
Replied by Debs123 on topic ESA
Thought I could maybe use award as evidence that my walking ability has been recorded by them February this year and that's under 20, and the comment from GP reports poor walking and balance.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232520 by Gordon

Debs123 wrote: Thought I could maybe use award as evidence that my walking ability has been recorded by them February this year and that's under 20, and the comment from GP reports poor walking and balance.

ESA is not a walking test, it is a Mobility test! In addition to your walking, it considers your ability to self-propel a manual wheelchair over the same distances, you do not need to be using a wheelchair or even to own one for it to be considered. SO even if you can show your walking is restricted unless you can also show that you cannot self-propel the wheelchair you will still not score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232521 by Debs123
Replied by Debs123 on topic ESA
I am able to move and use hands,, but unable to use them to grip and requiring strength. So to useing a wheelchair would be unbearable. I need to keep as active as possible or I will lose what little bit of muscle tone I have left. So if I put it they way I have would that be ok or am I thinking incorrectly

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #232522 by Gordon
Debs

I would stick to just explaining that you have problems with your hands and lack grip and strength.

Gordon

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.