× Members

DLA to PIP home assessment : record?

• diana.ryan@btinternet.com
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #233000 by diana.ryan@btinternet.com
DLA to PIP home assessment : record? was created by diana.ryan@btinternet.com
Hello, I'd be very grateful for your views please?

I have a home assessment to transfer from an indefinite DLA award to PIP. It's this Friday, 28 June. Is it best that I record this interview?

I realise I probably should have decided by now as I have to notify them 3 days in advance if I wish to (is that today or tomorrow? My mind is a complete mess!) I'd still need to sort out equipment, but I'm keen to know if it's generally considered to be the best option?

Many thanks for your time and help! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233005 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP home assessment : record?
Enigma

I would always recommend if the person is up to doing it and can supply the equipment, that they record the assessment.

Be aware, three days notice is very short and may result in the current booking being moved, this should not be any fault to you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: diana.ryan@btinternet.com

• Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #233015 by diana.ryan@btinternet.com
Replied by diana.ryan@btinternet.com on topic DLA to PIP home assessment : record?
Many thanks Gordon.

I'm assuming that recordings made with identical dictaphone machines running together would be acceptable? Or is there more detailed guidance available? It just states on their letter that they require 3 days prior notice, and the provision of two identical copies, either on "tape or CD" so pretty vague considering the stuff that's actually available these days! :blink:

Many thanks!

More
4 years 10 months ago #233018 by Gordon
Enigma

Dictaphones will be OK just make sure that you have new tapes still in the shrink wrap.

If they accept three days then fine but we have seen this be too short a notice on the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: diana.ryan@btinternet.com

• Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #233077 by diana.ryan@btinternet.com
Replied by diana.ryan@btinternet.com on topic DLA to PIP home assessment : record?
Just a quick update: I telephoned the DWP yesterday to inform them I would be recording the face to face interview at home on Friday and they agreed with no difficulty, just advised me that the health professional would need to bring some additional papers to sign.

I'm now attempting to find suitable equipment in this short time period ... which it turns out is the really hard bit! :S

If anyone has any suggestions of any they've used successfully, they'd be very gratefully received!

Many thanks!

More
4 years 10 months ago #233081 by Gordon
Enigma

You say that you rang the DWP, the request needs to be made to the Assessment Provider.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.