× Members

ESA reassessment cancelled

More
9 years 1 month ago #132156 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassessment cancelled
PO

This is an assessment of your problems as they are now, so if you want to link it to a previous report you need to clearly show that your problems in particular areas have not improved or have worsened.

This may be possible in regard to the Dexterity descriptor, but give the date you quote (January 2013) you may well struggle with the Standing and Sitting Descriptor as this was updated in January 2013, you would have been assessed under the old rules. This does not mean that you cannot score points for this descriptor but I think you need to do so from scratch.

I am afraid that I do not agree with you that the Mobilising and the Standing and Sitting descriptors are linked, whilst problems with one may imply problems with the other, each descriptor will be evaluated in it's own right and you need to show you have problems with each individually.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #132162 by PO
Replied by PO on topic ESA reassessment cancelled
Sorry I did not word that very well, in my case I have issues in both descriptors and when the HCP did not ask me about mobilising the decision maker said that she believed he should have discussed mobilising as he gave me points on sitting/standing but the DM had obviously read my esa50 form where I had high lighted my problems with both activities and I believe the HCP just chose to ignore my form all together.
The DM rang back and awarded me esa support group using the mobilising descriptor even though I had scored nil points, so it goes to show it is well worth complaining.
Thank you for the advice on my other issue, if needs be I will mention the points I was awarded last time and see what they say. My condition has deteriorated so I will collect evidence high lighting that as well.
Many thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
9 years 1 month ago #132178 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic ESA reassessment cancelled
hi bro58
I was one of the people who did not receive a new esa50 before my assessment I have received a letter today stating my appointment has been cancelled it does not give any reasons just that it has been cancelled .thank you for your previous help in this matter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micksville

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132190 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic ESA reassessment cancelled

millymoo wrote: hi bro58
I was one of the people who did not receive a new esa50 before my assessment I have received a letter today stating my appointment has been cancelled it does not give any reasons just that it has been cancelled .thank you for your previous help in this matter.

These cancellations seem to be occurring more and more too....seems there are teething troubles at the good ship Maximus.

Milly, were you expecting this review around now or have you been waiting in the backlog all last year?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58. Reason: Fixed quote.

More
9 years 1 month ago #132206 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic ESA reassessment cancelled
hi micksville
I am not sure if I was in the backlog or not ,sent the last esa50 back jan 2014 and had not heard a thing until the appointment arrived for a f2f assessment march 2015.

More
9 years 1 month ago #132301 by PO
Replied by PO on topic ESA reassessment cancelled
Hi
I wanted to thank you for posting the Maximus (CHDA) website where it states
"During a claim period, it is normal for you to be asked to attend a WCA more than once and each time you will be sent a new questionnaire to ensure you have the opportunity to provide the latest information on how your conditions currently affects you"

Last week I wrote to CHDA asking why I was not sent an esa50 before a reassessment appointment turned up, Atos actually sent out that appointment but it was later cancelled, now maximus will be dealing with my claim, so I believe they should give me the opportunity to provide my current situation via the esa50 form, as is their policy if their website is to believed. I will let you know what is in their reply when get it.

Many thanks

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.