× Members

ESA reassessment cancelled

More
9 years 1 month ago #131449 by PO
Replied by PO on topic ESA reassessment cancelled
As I did not receive a ESA50 form at all I did send a 5 page letter updating both the DWP and ATOS who were named on my appointment letter, on my current medical condition, as other wise they would be looking at a form dating back to December 2013. Regarding the comments of the possibly that Maximus are delaying ESA re-assessments until next year due to dealing with new assessments first and that might be the reason why my appointment was cancelled this time, I will keep you posted as to if and when I receive another appointment and the outcome.
Many thanks for all of your help so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131453 by sash
Replied by sash on topic ESA reassessment cancelled
Hi
I've just had my assessment cancelled as i was leaving my house and no esa50 form either! I'm pretty sure someone somewhere knows whats happening but its neither me nor atos. Also, what impact will not having one completed make? As much as they are almost incapable of listening, I'd still like to try and get them to have some understanding of my life?
thank you
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago #131463 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA reassessment cancelled

sash wrote: Hi
I've just had my assessment cancelled as i was leaving my house and no esa50 form either! I'm pretty sure someone somewhere knows whats happening but its neither me nor atos. Also, what impact will not having one completed make? As much as they are almost incapable of listening, I'd still like to try and get them to have some understanding of my life?
thank you

Hi s,

Them not having a current ESA50 from you would certainly make any adverse decision that they may make more open to challenge, as The ESA50 is an integral part of the assessment/reassessment process.

Unfortunately, there is nothing in legislation that states that an ESA50 must be issued as part of any ESA assessment/reassessment.

They are also supoosed to consult this before deciding whether or not to call you in for a F2F.

You could contact : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments Limited.(CHDA) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

You could inquire, whether they would allow you time to fill in ad post an ESA50 to them.

You could suggest : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

If they agree you should fill it in whilst referring to the guides on this page :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You could also post a copy FAO The ESA Decision Maker at the address of the office on your most recent ESA letter, and take a copy to present to The ESA Assessor prior to the assessment if/when you do have your F2F.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #131468 by PO
Hi
I have just looked on my last esa85 dated January 2013, Prognosis: 'Work could be considered within 12 months.' I appealed the decision to put me in WRAG on the back of this report and a DWP decision maker changed the decision and I was put in the ESA support group. I was sent an esa50 form, which I sent back December 2013, I heard nothing at all until the appointment came through for this month, which I was informed was cancelled when got to the assessment centre on the day. As you say the issue of an esa50 form not being sent before an appointment date is not isolated as more people are saying the on this website. Also other people are saying their appointments have been cancelled at very short notice. Wish I knew what was going on .

More
9 years 1 month ago #131472 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic ESA reassessment cancelled
PO, what Im asking is what timescale were you given at your last assesment in December 2013? I.e. were you told you were on esa for a year, 2 years etc. Did you request an esa 85 (a) ? Or are you saying that you filled an esa 50 in during December 2013 and due to deferals they have just got round to sending for you for a medical regarding that esa 50?

More
9 years 1 month ago #131484 by PO
I did not have a reassessment face to face in December 2013, I only filled in an esa50 form then, I was not given a time scale and heard no more until now. I do not know why it has taken so long, whether it was due to the deferals or if a decision was made to leave me in the support group on what was written on the December 2013 esa50 but I have read this is happening to other people as well.
Thank you for your replies

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.